Pleco Poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh yeah, id also like to add that mine didn't touch veggies for the first week i tried it, but also, i finally found a hole straight through a zuch one day when i left in in overnight. You can actually leave some veggies for a couple of days without funking up the water.

I anchor 2 thin slice of cucumber to the bottom using the edge/weight on plastic plant。 My pleco likes to feast when it's dark or during lights out. It I leave the lights on, he would just pretend he is not interested. But, the by next morning the cucumber seems to yank/chew thru a big chunk in the middle. My pleco never eat the skin of the cucumber. I normally dispose the remains of cucumber in the next morning. Hope this helps. :)

my pleco doesn't eat the skin, but the otos do!!! i used to always have a ring of cucumber skin,but now i get a hole in the middle and nibbles all around the outside.

Good news!!

I offered the Pleco a new piece of cucumber ths morning and within a half hour's time, he worked up the courage to give it a taste. He's been very happily munching on it all day long. Next week I'll give zucchini a shot, but so far he seems to be impressed with the cuke. :)

- Mandy

Back
Top Bottom