Plecos and other algae eaters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P_Wrenn_12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys/girls,

I currently have one regular plecostomus in my 100 gallon tank and I think the tank is big enough that I think I can get another. Although, I do not want to get the same type. I'm just trying to figure out what kind I should buy. Do any curtain types not go well with the kind I have? My fish tank is a community tank with plenty of driftwood, rocks, and plants. My current pleco seems to love it. If you have an algae eater that you really like, if you let me know the name I would greatly appreciate it!

:thanks:

Albino long fin bristlenose pleco.
A school of oto's.
Siamese algae eater.
Gold nugget pleco (my favorite)
Leopard pleco.
Orange tipped pleco.
Peppermint pleco.
Gold spotted pleco.
Zebra pleco.
Tiger clown pleco.

Hope you liked my suggestions :D

What kind of pleco is it? What other tank mates do you have in there? How often do you change your water? Is your water quality in check? We need to know a bit more before we recommend anything.

Why algae eaters? There are some other cool catfish out there too, like corydoras, pictus, synos, etc. They're all very cool. Just sayin' :)

Giant Danio said:
Albino long fin bristlenose pleco.
A school of oto's.
Siamese algae eater.
Gold nugget pleco (my favorite)
Leopard pleco.
Orange tipped pleco.
Peppermint pleco.
Gold spotted pleco.
Zebra pleco.
Tiger clown pleco.

Hope you liked my suggestions :D

Those are some great suggestions! I will definitely check those guys out. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom