Raphael striped catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Raphael striped catfish stopped growing 2 years ago and he is 4 and half inches long, he is six years old. My Raphael is in a 29 gallon and he seems pretty happy with it. I would get a larger tank for him if I could but I don't have space for it right now.

He's probably stunted. They can get over 7".

He's probably stunted. They can get over 7".

I got him from a friend when he was 4 years old. I know it takes about a year for a Raphael striped to reach its full grown size. I don't like when people say I stunted its growth because it should have been full grown when my friend gave him to me. Do you think if I upgrade my 29 gallon to a 40 gallon breeder he will get any larger or do you think he will stay the same size. Also does stunting growth affect there life expectancy.

I got him from a friend when he was 4 years old. I know it takes about a year for a Raphael striped to reach its full grown size. I don't like when people say I stunted its growth because it should have been full grown when my friend gave him to me. Do you think if I upgrade my 29 gallon to a 40 gallon breeder he will get any larger or do you think he will stay the same size. Also does stunting growth affect there life expectancy.

If he's stunted, generally they don't recover. For most fish stunting does effect life expectancy.

I have 2 striped rapheal catfish in my 55. They are very laid back one shares a hiding place with a pictus and a clown Pleco while the other shares with a albino bristlenose Pleco and sometimes the clown. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388153938.944104.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388153973.101768.jpg

Back
Top Bottom