Raphael striped catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have noticed there is no threads on Raphael striped catfish so I wanted to talk about what people think of them.

They are very good catfish but the downfall about them is there nocturnal like most catfish and they rarely ever come out of there hiding spot.

I don't have a striped but I have a spotted and he is my favorite fish in my tank. Raphael's are a nice hardy catfish that just get obese lol. Mine literally looks like he is about to explode. They also make a funny squeaking noise if you take them out of the water.

I don't have one but they seem to be similar to my banjo catfish. Neat bottom dwellers

My Raphael catfish is 6 years old. They live 20 to 30 years so if you decide to get one you will be having it for a long time.

I had a question about the spotted ones. In my other tank I have a Raphael spotted catfish and it never comes out not even during the night. The only time I see it is when a do a water change. Is there something that it does not like about my tank and that is why it's not coming out?

I had a question about the spotted ones. In my other tank I have a Raphael spotted catfish and it never comes out not even during the night. The only time I see it is when a do a water change. Is there something that it does not like about my tank and that is why it's not coming out?

Mine doesn't either. He grabs whatever food lands near his hiding spot but doesn't get much exercise lol

Raphael's get food and go back to sleep {or whatever they do lol} very quick. They get very obese but nothing to worry about most of the time! They generally rarely come out of their favorite spot when accustomed to it and the tank. Very very awesome fish and amazing to watch when out too but only downside they just aren't active.

Raphael's get food and go back to sleep {or whatever they do lol} very quick. They get very obese but nothing to worry about most of the time! They generally rarely come out of their favorite spot when accustomed to it and the tank. Very very awesome fish and amazing to watch when out too but only downside they just aren't active.

They are the pacman frogs of the aquarium.

My Raphael always growls at my vampire pleco. my Raphael only allows other catfish in his log he does not like the pleco.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom