Redoing tank, advice wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I was considering replacing my 29 Gallon tank with a 46 Gallon tank, but I've ultimately decided against it due to cost and space issues. Instead I'm going to go about redoing my 29 Gallon tank.

I'd like to some advice on where to put the fish in the mean time. I have 2 5 Gallon Buckets available for this. I plan to do this over the course of a single day, so this is definitely not a long term thing. I'm just wondering any tips and advice on how to keep the fish from getting stressed out over the change.

I have a 29 gallon as well and had to do a major scrubbing to the tank, lots of hard water stains also I was making a switch from gravel to sand. All I did was put my fish in a clean 5 gallon bucket filled with water from the tank and a bubble stone. Gave my tank a good cleaning, put the decor in and filled it. I did have to let it settle for an hour or so before putting my fish back in. keep your filter media in a bucket with water from the tank as well so it doesn't dry out and keeps the bacteria. my fish don't seem to have any problems after doing this, I have guppies though

I'm probably going to run the filter through the bucket to keep the water aerated and the bacteria alive. But my fish are a bit more sensitive (namely my Blue Rams and Dwarf Gourami)

Back
Top Bottom