Rummy Nose Tetras Healthy Enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiffi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've decided not to add Cardinal or Neon Tetras to my tank, since it seems nearly impossible to get healthy ones or keep them alive as I have read many many times in this forum before.

What about Rummy Nose Tetras? I've read online that they can be quite sensitive too as wild caught ones?

Which schooling fishes are "hardy"?

Rummynose Tetras come in 3 variations. Some stores will call one a True whereas another will call the other True. I have 6 that were Wild Caught and am having no problems keeping them alive. They are thriving in the tank. But they should be added to an established tank. They are sensitive to Ammonia and Nitrites. But as long as you monitor your levels, you shouldn't have a problem. I used to have a link that showed the differences between the True's but I can't seem to find it. Severum actually gave it to me. Maybe she will chime in with it.

Glowlight tetras and pristella tetras are very hardy.

My rummynose tetras are h. bleheri, I believe. I've had no problems with them and still have all my original 6. Mine are tank raised and I think that helps, so look for tank raised rummies if you can.

Back
Top Bottom