Rummynose or Harlequins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome! But i noticed that you have 2 gouramis, be careful with them as they tend to fight. But i would really reccommend the cichlids.

I have a male and female. Will they still fight, or is it only if I have 2 males?

I love kribs most of all but everyone seems to reccomend rams.

Thanks

Since they are male and female they more than likly wont.

Also I love Kribs MORE than what i like Rams. Dont let people persuade you onto things that you dont like as much. IMO kribs are friendlier, beautifulier, nicer, hardier ect... than rams, they only good thing about Rams IMO is you know when the water is no good because they are dead. But if you want a nice addition i would go for the Kribs but if you want to spend a bit of money then i really like the Electric Blue Rams, but they are quite costly

Since they are male and female they more than likly wont.

Also I love Kribs MORE than what i like Rams. Dont let people persuade you onto things that you dont like as much. IMO kribs are friendlier, beautifulier, nicer, hardier ect... than rams, they only good thing about Rams IMO is you know when the water is no good because they are dead. But if you want a nice addition i would go for the Kribs but if you want to spend a bit of money then i really like the Electric Blue Rams, but they are quite costly

I guess I can give the kribs a try, and if they don't work I can trade them. If they do spawn, would they be to agressive in a community?

How likely would the Rummynose be to survive? I adore them and the harlequins and at some point to be able to allow both, I could rehome the cherries. My concern would be adding the rummies and them all dying off, or being left with just a couple remaining and not enough of them for them to be happy.

If the rummies work I will try them, and then when I can rehome the cherries, I would then add the harlequins. That is if the rummies will work

The rummies at my LFS seem very healthy, and their noses are a really deep red colour - their stock is generally very healthy and I am very impressed with them, so I guess this will help.

Basically, how likely are they to die if I was to get the rummies?

My readings are:

Ammonia 0
NitrITE 0
NitrATE Inbetween 0 and 5

Would it be safe to add some (In theory)?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom