Small white ALIVE dots moving what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caroline79

Aquarium Advice Regular
OMG I have just seen small White dots with a small tail they look like these , , , , dot with a tail they are swimming any ideas what they are ????

Sounds like FW copepods. Google images and see if that's it.

Google Planaria Worms. That kinda sounds like what it is.

HN1 said:
Sounds like FW copepods. Google images and see if that's it.

Yeah that's what they looks like, ok thanks so there not harmful to the fish ? Strange things just grow ! Thank you panic over !!

I have copepods too! No they are not harmful at all. I think they are quite cute. Fish eat them; my Endlers think they are candy. They solved my copepod issue, if you can call it an issue.

Talvari said:
Google Planaria Worms. That kinda sounds like what it is.

I have googled that too I hope it's not those. they are not sticking to the glass they are swimming around . My tank is still cycling at around 4 weeks,so no left over food for these worms. Thank you for that I think I had them in my other tank before I did not know what they were ! But those were small long worms .

gabysapha said:
I have copepods too! No they are not harmful at all. I think they are quite cute. Fish eat them; my Endlers think they are candy. They solved my copepod issue, if you can call it an issue.

Do you think that's what they are ? I was going to get f8 puffer but now I might get one of those mandarin fish if my tank grows those things. lol

Is your tank FW or SW? I would not recommend a mandarin to anyone with an immature SW tank.

HN1 said:
Is your tank FW or SW? I would not recommend a mandarin to anyone with an immature SW tank.

I am only kiding sticking with puffer. Tank is FW just now but will be brackish after I get f8.

Sorry..... lol

Just wanted to be sure. No offense intended at all. I'd love to see a build thread on a cool brackish puffer tank. :)

I have the FW copepods in my wolf's tank. They have been there for years oddly. They do not hurt anything so it's up to you if you want to rid them from the tank. I wouldn't mind adding some fish to pick them off but the wolf isn't up for any tank mates ;)

Now I have White worms as well . Setting up this tank is driving me crazy!!! Should I start again ? It has taken weeks and weeks to get here. Only one otto is left out of 4 . I thought this was because of the tank cycle. My ammo is now 0 nitrite are high. One otto that died weeks ago had a red bit but it went away, he died a few weeks later. Could this have been where the worms came from ? Please help !

image-703653081.jpg

image-504036614.jpg

How often and how much water are you changing?

25 change every day till ammo went down then 10 percent every day till now . I have taken 50 percent water out today waiting on water heating up to add .trying to catch and remove any worms I see around 6 so far! Today's nrite test looks like it's getting lighter in colour ?

image-2628908696.jpg

gabysapha said:

Do you have any worms in. There too?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom