Stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Up to you of course, i was in the market for a school of tetras last week, petsmart had glow lights for $1. They looked great at first, after staring at the tank for a but I noticed the curvy spines on a few and had to walk. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Up to you of course, i was in the market for a school of tetras last week, petsmart had glow lights for $1. They looked great at first, after staring at the tank for a but I noticed the curvy spines on a few and had to walk. .

Yea well as u probably know every pet store is different and every batch is different. So I'll go and check it out

Oh I know, just sharing my experience..

Oh I know, just sharing my experience..

If I can't get a good bunch of schooling fish, what are some good fish the I could get like in a 3 some or a pair. Just want to get some good options

May be a repeat.. some firemouth s?

May be a repeat.. some firemouth s?

Oh god no I had to give mine up.... He became beautiful but had a very bad dark side and almost killed everyone one!!! So any other guys that are more on the peaceful side lol

Oohhh, nm than haha, maybe some killies?

Rainbows too, feel like we've been there already though..

They can be aggressive towards each other unless you get a pair.. females are a rarity though I believe..

They can be aggressive towards each other unless you get a pair.. females are a rarity though I believe..

Hmmm I'm actually liking the gouramis now ??? lol. How much do pearl gouramis usually cost. Beautiful pics of them so far

I'm not sure what they go for, they do stay top water though so they could butt heads with your cpt.

My ctenopoma is actually always on the bottom. Only comes up when he wants to eat. Do u think they'll be aggression problems?

Cool, get the gourami!

Cool, get the gourami!

Ur good at this stuff brook. what would u do? Get the gourami or go another route? Also would it have to be a dwarf gourami or a regular one?

Haha thanks.. I'd get the Congo ' s like I said before;)

Ur good at this stuff brook. what would u do? Get the gourami or go another route? Also would it have to be a dwarf gourami or a regular one?

I have an Opaline Gourami and love him to death! Not the most personable fish but are certainly eye catching when older and larger. I want to get a Golden but like brookster said they're usually pretty aggressive towards each other. My LFS got a female Golden in and she's gorgeous but I just don't think id wanna risk it. Rocky if you do go the Gourami rout id personally say to avoid the smaller Gourami (Dwarf sizes) and stay with the bigger ones that can top off at about 6" like Three Spot, Opaline, and Golden. Even though technically they're all the same lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha thanks.. I'd get the Congo ' s like I said before;)

I really like the congos too the only problem is my mom is not gonna let me spend 30+ on a school of fish and if they don't work out for my tank there's no policy

I have an Opaline Gourami and love him to death! Not the most personable fish but are certainly eye catching when older and larger. I want to get a Golden but like brookster said they're usually pretty aggressive towards each other. My LFS got a female Golden in and she's gorgeous but I just don't think id wanna risk it. Rocky if you do go the Gourami rout id personally say to avoid the smaller Gourami (Dwarf sizes) and stay with the bigger ones that can top off at about 6" like Three Spot, Opaline, and Golden. Even though technically they're all the same lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok I do really like the gouramis!!! If I get a golden or snake skin would he mess with the ctenopoma?

Back
Top Bottom