Tiny white particles....????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A video helped someone mention it might be bubbles feeding into the filter. My bubble curtain is too long! I would never have guessed that without the help of this forum! I am soooo happy I joined! Now, to get myself booted out....(haha, I hope). What exactly is a substrate? From my reading I thought it was the bottom of tank (gravel and such) that held the "good and bad" bacteria. Please don't make fun, I started these tanks within the past few months, and am taking in a lot of info....;)
Hey Kelly, nobody will/should make fun. If your not sure of something, you'll never find out unless to ask!!!

A video helped someone mention it might be bubbles feeding into the filter. My bubble curtain is too long! I would never have guessed that without the help of this forum! I am soooo happy I joined! Now, to get myself booted out....(haha, I hope). What exactly is a substrate? From my reading I thought it was the bottom of tank (gravel and such) that held the "good and bad" bacteria. Please don't make fun, I started these tanks within the past few months, and am taking in a lot of info....;)

Mine shoots outbwhite particles even if I turn my air pump off

Kelly....I too am a newbie and I have these white particles. I am running two filters in a 36 Gallon Bowfront. A Marineland Penguin 200 and a Fluval Aquaclear. The Fluval is shooting out bubbles I noticed so I shut off my air stone. They drive me crazy so I am thinking about removing that filter all together and adding another penguin. Can anyone advise if this would work. Or are the bubbles caused by needing to rinse filter?

Kelly....I too am a newbie and I have these white particles. I am running two filters in a 36 Gallon Bowfront. A Marineland Penguin 200 and a Fluval Aquaclear. The Fluval is shooting out bubbles I noticed so I shut off my air stone. They drive me crazy so I am thinking about removing that filter all together and adding another penguin. Can anyone advise if this would work. Or are the bubbles caused by needing to rinse filter?

My penguin 150 does it my fluval c3 doesn't do nearly as many bubbles i don't know why they make so many bubbles

If there isn't a bubbler feeding into the filter intake then you need to raise the water level of your tank. The bubbles are caused by the water hitting the surface, I see the same thing the minute my water level drops in my cichlid tank which has a penguin 350 and 150 running in it.

If there isn't a bubbler feeding into the filter intake then you need to raise the water level of your tank. The bubbles are caused by the water hitting the surface, I see the same thing the minute my water level drops in my cichlid tank which has a penguin 350 and 150 running in it.

Even when I have my tank nearly about to over flow and the water is above the filter lip it still produces bubbles

Try squeezing the media in tank water after cleaning it or replacing it. Air pockets can be in the media. Keep any airstones away from the intake of the filter. Keep your water as high as possible. The water cascading can cause bubbles which will be sucked back into the filter. You could try a prefilter sponge....

I agree

Does anyone know what these tiny white particles in my 20 gallon tank are? They are making the water cloudy, but I'm afraid to do a water change and mess up my "good" bacteria. I'd appreciate any advice!
Try adding some filter floss and turning the airstone off for 1-2 days.....

If none of the above work you can try acurel-f. It's a tiny vial. A few drops and your water will be nice and clear after about 30 min

If none of the above work you can try acurel-f. It's a tiny vial. A few drops and your water will be nice and clear after about 30 min

Never tried that product before. But apparently the particles in the water are microbubbles getting thrown into the water, we just have to find the source.

Back
Top Bottom