Umm.....those black water tanks.......?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blackwater... i think either you use this liquid stuff or put like wood in it. i think the soft kind. because blackwater is high nitrate i think because so many leaves wood etc rotts in it. i dont knwo which fish.

Using peat granules in your filter creates black water as well. It also softens the water considerably.

Blackwater conditions can easily be created by adding any number of "blackwater extract" additives available on the market. This is MUCH easier than adding the actual peat moss to your system.

As far as the type of fish to use: practically any of the South American varieties come from similar conditions in nature. This includes dwarf cichlids and many of the common tetra or rasbora species available.:)

unboiled african driftwood, or bogwood, will work as well. I can't remember who it is on this forum, but somebody has an awesome setup. Maybe they will come to this topic and post some ideas. As for fish, just do a google search on blackwater setups, there are all sorts of sites which talk about creating species or location based tanks. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom