Water changes, how do you manage big tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad to hear you were able to rig something up. I know the bucket thing can be murder on your back. I did it for 5 years and I have 4 tanks. I finally got the Aqueon changer and wondered why I had used buckets for so long. I was unfortunately to late with the changer, I ended up with a huge hernia any way.
Before I ever started keeping fish I had already had 5 back surgeries, so lugging buckets back and forth was very unhealthy for me.
I was shocked to hear how much things cost in the UK. It's been rough here in the US being on a fixed income, but not as expensive as it is for you. Good luck, I hope the UK economy gets better for you.

Thanks WendiDell, yes and petrol is over $2 per litre. Sorry to hear about your back, it must have been a nightmare with all those buckets, these hoses are brilliant.

Tell you a little tale.. last week I noticed that the temp on my tank kept shooting up to 75/77 in the evening, its usually around 70/72 and it worried me. I kept telling my fish that they would have to swim slower to lower the friction and the the temp. A few days later, it dawned on me that I was leaning against the stick on thermometer while I was feeding them..what a hoot :facepalm:

Thanks WendiDell, yes and petrol is over $2 per litre. Sorry to hear about your back, it must have been a nightmare with all those buckets, these hoses are brilliant.

Tell you a little tale.. last week I noticed that the temp on my tank kept shooting up to 75/77 in the evening, its usually around 70/72 and it worried me. I kept telling my fish that they would have to swim slower to lower the friction and the the temp. A few days later, it dawned on me that I was leaning against the stick on thermometer while I was feeding them..what a hoot :facepalm:

Ya, buckets & I aren't on speaking terms anymore. I will never do the bucket thing again. I will guard my water changer with my life.
So it was trying to read your body temp. instead of the water temp.? I think we have all done something silly like that before. Thinking something is wrong when it's just us being overprotective or paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom