Would this work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was messing around on aa and had a strange idea of adding an adf to my tank. The fish are already in the tank+ an Otoclius catfish that I forgot to add. Would this work, would the adf and cories fight, and will they need to be hand fed, or could I use sinking food. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And the cats are actually loxozonus corydoras but as doesn't have them

That was my wory. Could I have something like a floating log?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424397405.561606.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Not sure if that will help since they like to hang out at the bottom. It's the distance they have to travel to get air that might be a struggle.

Ok. I don't have a pump because I don't like the noise. I have a good filter that adds oxygen though.

Ok. I don't have a pump because I don't like the noise. I have a good filter that adds oxygen though.

No, I meant the distance the ADF has to travel to get a gulp of air. Plus it looks like there will be completion for food. I won't comment on the overstocking part because I usually understock a tank.

Ok. Maybe I'll reconsider. Also, would they come out of water if in a half filled ten Gallo. With rock ledge?

And whatever I do, their is no rush. My LFS is out of ADFs until late spring

Ok. But may try with my betta. He is very peaceful. Would the adf be fine with shrimp? Or should I feed the shrimp to my angel in another tank?

Try what? Add the ADF to a tank that has a Betta? If so, what size is the tank? What kind of shrimp are you talking about? Ghost? Red cherries? I'm having trouble following you.

Ok. But may try with my betta. He is very peaceful. Would the adf be fine with shrimp? Or should I feed the shrimp to my angel in another tank?

If the betta is peaceful with the shrimp, still keep an eye on him with the frog. The frog will be more of a threat and more in the betta's field of vision than the shrimp are, so watch out for aggression. The frogs are known to eat shrimp, assuming it's ghost shrimp or red cherry and not larger species of shrimp. That being said, if you provide enough plant cover and hiding spots for the shrimp I think they'd have a better chance lasting with the frog than they would angelfish. But like Fresh said, this is all dependent on how big the tank is and since you have a few months before you can even get the frog I'd say just wait it out and see how things go before feeding your shrimp to your angel.

I will. My angel is tiny. He is around the size of a half dollar. When I got him we was the size of a nickel. I originally thought he was som tetra of something for how small he was. I was advised he would be full grown by May. And my betta, he won't even flare at his own reflection in a miorr. I have had him with platies, swordtail, all sorts of tetras, and much more. I am defiantly not worried about the frog.

Back
Top Bottom