"wow" fish for a 6.6G Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a fluval edge 6 gallon that is currently uninhabited (lost my previous fish)

I want fish that will give another hobbyist a wow factor, but it has to be pretty cheap. I was thinking a dwarf puffer. Any ideas? It can be more than one fish

Scarlets

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

This would make a wow setup especially if planted,
6 blue neon rasboras, 4 flame jewel badis and 6 blue tiger shrimp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am going to plant it when i get new led bulbs, those rasboras seem nice, could they take 72 degrees?

Scarlet badis are great little fish but they do tend to be shy, I know folks here on the site who keep them and the fish are rarely seen.

Personally in a 6g I'd do a good-sized group of one of the micro rasboras (chili, Phoenix, exclamation point, etc).

Or go with a pair or trio of killies!

Sundanio Axelrodi 'Blue Neon' also sometimes called a different name like Blue Neon Rasbora I had mine in my 6.6G Edge for a couple years, then they died off.
Sorry it is a bad pic but they are like little blue neon lights zipping around the tank. There are also green or red. They need excellent water parameters..
60074-albums9764-picture59827.jpg

Or Chilis aka Boraras Brigittae.

I'll probably get some sort of dwarf rasbora for the edge, that would look sick!

Here is the tank as of now;

The smaller wild types of betta would work such as B. flax

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't want to do Bettas because of the small area to get oxygen, my last betta had to be moved because of that I think

In my 5.5g I have a group of micro rasboras, they are pretty awesome. We had a tough time picking between the rasboras and scarlet badis but I'm glad I went with the rasboras since we can have a full shoal instead of just a couple scarlet badis.

Mine tend to be jumpy though =/ 2 have died from jumping out of the tank.

Some great ideas guys, whatever my lfs has when time comes, I like the dwarf rasboras and badis. To be continued...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429629119.651654.jpgbad quality but here's one of my Pygmy rasboras in my 5.5g

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

Back
Top Bottom