Additions to my pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pilotfox01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm just about finshed landscaping around my pond and now im looking into making the pond look better. Today I built a little water fall which is kinda of cool looking. I was thinking about adding a underwater light or something. Im look for a kinda of cheap one if anyone has any suggestions. I'm going to add fish in a week or so and I was told that I can start putting plants in at the end of May. Any other suggestions to spruce up my pond?

I like the light idea, and waterfalls are always really cool. If it is in a location where you can dig around it and add those rock slabs, then do that. Stack them up pretty good and then plant "dirt" plants around them. Also, I have seen people place moss on the rocks, and that looks really cool after a year of growth.

What I did wast take a 4x*' sheet of plaster lath, a metal mesh, and made a cylinder. Then I folded the corners in to make a mountain shape. Next I ran tubing inside, and had it come out at 2 points. Next it was covered in cement and dyed brown. It made an excellent waterfall. I covered portions of it with moss, which really took hold well. There were some depressions I made in it where water would pool, perfect for plants who like a wet root. I should have some pictures of this to show after I get home from the U of I.

Back
Top Bottom