10 Gal Coral Only Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea cant touch many of the larger ones anyway (price). So how do your go so far as compatibility?

Here is some of what I want:

-Assorted Polyp (polyp)
-Ricordea Florida Multiple Polyp (listed under mushroom)
-Discosoma Neglecta "Carribean Umbrella Mushroom" (Mushroom)
-Oulophyllia "Deep Walled Maze Brain Coral" (LPS)
-Candy Cane Coral

Hows that Look?
Looks good. Have you thought about a very small colt, xenia, or clove coral :brows:

Looks good. Have you thought about a very small colt, xenia, or clove coral :brows:

Wow I definately like the xenia coral! Ill look into the other two..

So these all get along? I just have to keep them from getting next to each other right?:confused:

Wow I definately like the xenia coral! Ill look into the other two..

So these all get along? I just have to keep them from getting next to each other right?:confused:
They should. You can probably fit them all in there.

They should. You can probably fit them all in there.

Ok just making sure cause I dont want them eating each other or posioning each other.

Now for the cost aspect...darn this will be a lot.

Yep, thats what I'm thinking, but hey, it's your tank LOL. I love my flowy corals. :)

ha so do I but I wasnt seeing many on thatpetplace's website. So you have kept most of these together fine?

if they have enough room they will be fine. The torch is classified as aggressive so I gave him his own corner. :)
Everything else is pretty separate. In the 20g theres not a tremendous amount in there, I do have the tiniest little torch but the rest are all frags and far apart, except maybe the zooas. i they are ok together. The candy cane just sits on top of a rock, its kinda my centerpiece coral. :)

There's a Pets Plus on the Boulevard here in NE Philly that sells live rock and frags. It's next to the Best Buy on the corner of Red Lion Rd. There's also a place called Big Al's aquarium world in Blue Bell with a better selection.

Oh so only when they get close and compete for space do problems occur... that would make sense right?

thanks soooooo much carey and greenturtle!!! Without you I would be a lost cause. Thank you for sharing your experince and knowledge and making this hobby fun! :)

the deep walled brain coral may be mine lol its soo cool looking

There's a Pets Plus on the Boulevard here in NE Philly that sells live rock and frags. It's next to the Best Buy on the corner of Red Lion Rd. There's also a place called Big Al's aquarium world in Blue Bell with a better selection.

It definately is! I still got to buy all the supplies, cycle, then buy coral lol. I will definately have to check that out. How far away from broad and olney is that? I have very little city experience and that as far into north philly I have gone.

Definately gonna look into that. Thanks for the directions!

Ok so tomorrow I will start this build (more than a tank obviously), if I get the go ahead from my school. Wish me Luck!

If not I will build this at home so the information you all gave will be used, and is apprechiated!:)

:thanks:

Thanks Carey!:) Does anyone know a convincing argument I could say to keep it? My roomates defiantely want me to make it at least.

Hmm other than telling them you want no fish just corals, I can't think of a good arguement. lol Technically the corals are animals and coudl eb considered pets. But here's hoping the school won't look at it that way. **fingers crossed**

I know I looked that up earlier and almost cried lol. I couldve sworn they were plants but I was wrong. I really dont want to have another planted tank..I am definately not mentioning that corals are animals lol

So I asked them about it today and they suggested making an interest group. So much paperwork, need 12 members, ect. They have only had "one" group that applied and did not get accepted due to being "insane". I hope corals and fishtanks are not insane..lol sometimes..

I can have less than 12 but it will be "considered on their merits"?:confused:

This will be interesting. I will let everyone know how it goes!

Should it be sw only? or all kinds?

Maybe a basic club on cycling tank, startup ect.

Then progress to sw, reef, planted

Back
Top Bottom