10 Gal Coral Only Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm jealous...I've been wanting to do a 10g with corals and inverts and 2 fish for a while.

Are you gonna get some inverts?

This is going to be a very boring tank. I just want the colorful corals, hence "10 gal coral only build". I dont want to have to take care of shrimp on top of my corals. I also am not supposed to have any animals. I am going to try to say corals arent animals but a plant, though I know its wrong. A shrimp wouldnt help my case in terms of no pets.

User said:
This is going to be a very boring tank. I just want the colorful corals, hence "10 gal coral only build". I dont want to have to take care of shrimp on top of my corals. I also am not supposed to have any animals. I am going to try to say corals arent animals but a plant, though I know its wrong. A shrimp wouldnt help my case in terms of no pets.

You should get some corals that you have to target feed!

Hope that is a landlord requirement and not a court order. :whistle: Just kidding.

Lol school requirement...

Got some things in the mail! Everything is working so far, but I think I should have gotten a stronger powerhead. May have to buy another for the other side..

Refractometer- check ebay..they have one for 25-30 bucks that's extremely easy and quick to use.
As for powerheads, I highly recommend hydor koralias. Perhaps a 425gph model.

Edit**** please don't pay attention to this post. Didn't realize that I hadn't read through all the posts completely.....its too early for me

Everytime:) you and that dang link. I feel like you have it on a notepad screen in the corner of your computer just waiting lol

I have like 12 windows open in firefox and ebay is one of them. lol I keep the popular items in my watch list so they are a click away. :)

Nah, I just type those out. LOL

I keep certain retailers open all the time as well so I can link equipment and other gear. That seems to be my thing, finding cheap prices on gear and stuff. I love the challenge! hehe Plus I love helping other members get the same prices I myself would pay. And I'm a cheap one lemme tell you!

Lol Carey u had linked that before and I bookmarked it. I am buying it today! Lol Thanks for the help everyone! I think I am going to need another stronger powerhead as well.

Is there a reason I cant test ammonia with my test kit? It comes up white and cloudy...which isnt on the chart.

Are you using the first bottle then adding the 2 8 drops with the second bottle? it should start out whiteish but change over to yellow or green after being shaken

Whoops forgot the second bottle lol thanks. It says wait five minutes for full color to develop

New light for the fuge came in today. I decided to take a picture of what the tank looks like with the led. :)

Again that rock in the front will be moved back. too lazy.

I think I will need to buy ammonia. My reading is only .25 ppm. I thought the live rock would have been enough but I guess not....What do you guys think?

User said:
New light for the fuge came in today. I decided to take a picture of what the tank looks like with the led. :)

Again that rock in the front will be moved back. too lazy.

I think I will need to buy ammonia. My reading is only .25 ppm. I thought the live rock would have been enough but I guess not....What do you guys think?

Very nice LED!!!

Back
Top Bottom