Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck
Yes I did I shut down the hole system atleast once a day. It fill my sump up to there I have like a 1.5 inches of space left over once the dt is all drained and all siphons have been broken allot of thought and planning when into that factor.
Sounds great,do you have a backup generator.Ya 'll have some bad storms in PA .

Old 09-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No I don't have a back up generator built in to the house. But I have a portable one if I really need. It's funny we've had some really bad weather this year but haven't lost power once I've had 2 blocks away from my house go out but never here aslong as I've lived here for the past year and a half.

paulweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck
No I don't have a back up generator built in to the house. But I have a portable one if I really need. It's funny we've had some really bad weather this year but haven't lost power once I've had 2 blocks away from my house go out but never here aslong as I've lived here for the past year and a half.
I don't have one built into the house either,have a portable one.If you hadn't had the generator I bet you would have lost power for sure.LOL
Of course winter coming.
My is for piece of mind,not having one I would worry myself crazy every time hurricane or snowstorm was mentioned.We have a lot of money in our livestock after awhile.Besides I gotta have my tv to watch.LOL
Old 09-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hahaha ya its not a big concern to me. In my last house I lost power all the time its a bad spot and with the last storm they were out of power for 52 hours and I had power here the hole time. But when I live there and we would loose power I would run the gen to power the fridge and the tv to. So if the power ever goes out here I won't care about the fridge more my tank I can stock my fridge no problem losing my fish that would be a big problem
Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

If I lost power for a long duration it would be a toss up who expired first, me or the fish. I am lost without my CPap machine. Really need to get me a generator. ****, and we even sell them. LOL
Old 09-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
If I lost power for a long duration it would be a toss up who expired first, me or the fish. I am lost without my CPap machine. Really need to get me a generator. ****, and we even sell them. LOL
Oh man,you're kidding,you can do your own whole house install and get everything at cost right.?
I know you have ice storms some winters.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef View Post
Oh man,you're kidding,you can do your own whole house install and get everything at cost right.?
I know you have ice storms some winters.
Even at cost though, a whole house is more than I can stomach right now. We do get some ice storms but the Severe Thunderstorms like the one we had yesterday are the biggest worry. But, in the 5 years I have been in this house we have lost power only 2 times other than the blip here and there. One of those times was because of a problem in our neighborhood. I am in the direct path of most of the tornados that come through the Atlanta area but they always jump over my neighborhood. Oh man, I shouldn't have said that out loud huh???
Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99

Even at cost though, a whole house is more than I can stomach right now. We do get some ice storms but the Severe Thunderstorms like the one we had yesterday are the biggest worry. But, in the 5 years I have been in this house we have lost power only 2 times other than the blip here and there. One of those times was because of a problem in our neighborhood. I am in the direct path of most of the tornados that come through the Atlanta area but they always jump over my neighborhood. Oh man, I shouldn't have said that out loud huh???
Hope your luck continues.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice FINatic

heres a video of my tanks let me know what u guys think CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE THE VIDEO
Old 09-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks great. So wish I would have had my tank drilled and set up a sump. :-(

Tags
46 gallon, 6 gallon, build, tall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com