55g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was hoping that my tod would eat it but it doesn't appear so. Besides he freaks me out when I work in the tank. Even with my hands in the water he is right there wanting food till I literally chase him away. And then there is my blenny, he bites my fox face everytime he swims past "his rock" tod constantly has little round spots on him as a result. Took me a long time to figure out what they were being caused by.

Well I finally got my grills from koralia, it was almost two months ago that I complained. Hopefully that will help with the corals. All fish are good but I've noticed some corals not looking so good. It's my sps and softies that haven't been looking well. My GSP has shrunk as have my clove polyps also my branching sps hasn't been extending. They looked so good till my grills broke and I had to run pumps full time with no wavemaker. I have also been extremely busy with work and hunting, haven't been home for a weekend since July so maintenance has been lacking.

Sorry for the delay, yes my koralias are evos. Since the new covers went all they are running very nicely back on the wavemaker.

Just went to their website and to their contact us page. Filled out the form and sent it in, they emailed me back after a couple days asking for my mailing info then they sent the parts out. It took a while to arrive but when they did I actually got 6 new grills.

Well no new additions to report but after a summer of neglect things are looking up. My sps is bouncing back and all other corals are looking good. I am however unhappy with my sand which is looking dirty and brown. This leads me to my question, what would be a good sand sifter? I really like the engineer gobies (thanks nunu and gboy for that) I am looking for a fish to sift that looks cool. I also don't want something with a lot of yellow or green. Lets hear some suggestions.

I know that not all do but my pink spot sifts sand all day. My engineer only moves sand under the rock he lives.

My conch keeps my sand clean- they're awesome. Not sure if you can have one though, if u get an engineer.

Good suggestions, I have considered inverts but decided to go with a fish and here's why. I did some research on sand sifting stars when I first started my tank and most report that they often starve in the aquarium. Without having a dsb and having a smaller tank they tend to run out of food quickly. I have also considered conch as they are cool (and tasty, not out of an aquarium however) but I decided against them because I want something to add some character that I can actually see. I do have a bunch of nassarius snails and they only pop out when I feed then they are gone again within minutes. I have considered a goby/shrimp pair but do they not tend to hide out at the burrow?

Yeah, my shrimp/goby spent the vast majority of the time in the burrow. Sometimes I don't see them for days. Ill just see the shrimp's antennae sticking out of an opening during dinnertime. Then I squirt some food into the opening, and his antennae are gone. They're cool to watch when digging and building, but otherwise, not exciting.

Well I'm still undecided on what fish to get but I did get some new coral today. I got a birdsnest and a nice acro aswell as some zoas. That being said I am still welcoming suggestions on fish as I'm at a loss. Heck it doesn't even need to be a sand sifter, I'm kinda leaning towards a wrasse but don't want one that will eat my feather dusters and bristle worms.

kdpuffer said:
Well I'm still undecided on what fish to get but I did get some new coral today. I got a birdsnest and a nice acro aswell as some zoas. That being said I am still welcoming suggestions on fish as I'm at a loss. Heck it doesn't even need to be a sand sifter, I'm kinda leaning towards a wrasse but don't want one that will eat my feather dusters and bristle worms.

Whats your spending limit? Jack and i bought a sweet Flame Wrasse...really bright and active.

Other suggestions are Midas Blenny, Melanarus wrasse, McCoskers flasher wrasse...like any of those?

Well a blenny is out as I already have one. Your new wrasse is really nice looking. That's kinda why I'm leaning towards a wrasse cause they are just so **** colorful. My LFS doesn't tend to stock saltwater stuff but he has a 125 reef in the store that he sells frags out of. It is most likely going to be a case of buy a nice fish that is in stock next time I head to the city.

I just got a coral beauty, he is gorgeous. I don't know what other fish you have so cant comment on compatability or if you have one already. Mine is kind of shy but really active and has been cleaning any algae I might have from my tank.

Coral beauties look nice but I'm not taking the risk. I actually just got back from the city, I bought a orange spot diamond goby and a purple firefish. Currently just finishing up a cover for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom