55g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well its been a little while since i updated and today was a good day for me and my tank. before i get into that i want to say that koralia got back to me quite promptly and are sending me a new grill for my powerhead, in the meantime i removed it from my wavemaker so i dont have reverse issues. now the good stuff, i went into the lfs today and noticed a truck with a sump in the box in the parking lot. after watching closely it turns out they are selling it all and went and chatted to them and proceeded to follow them back to thier place to see what they had. they were selling a sump/fuged 120g (no i didnt buy it) and it was setup as a reef. so after looking and himming and hawing i ended up with a nice orange with green mouthed favia, unknown sps (purple), orange ricordia, and a nice orange and green encrusting monti. the ric and favia are on a piece of rock about 3-5 lbs and the monti is on a rock slightly smaller. along with this i got a brand new unopened bucket of salt and a tube of epoxy. all this for 100, for my area that is a steal!!!!!!!!!! well everything is acclimating as i type this and i am working on trying to get the trio of copper stripped cardinals also. little guys betta died today so hey agreed that they would be a suitable replacement. it was a freshwater betta not salt ftr. one less tank to maintain. well as always once everything is acclimated i will post pics.

yeah it was a sweet score, im always jealous of the craigslist stories i hear on here and finally have my own. for comparison it costs 80-90 bucks just for a 5g of salt around here. i just did some google work and its not a favia its an acan.

Don't die on my Mrc lol. Well as promised PICS. The ric is on the left and acan on the right. The monti is huge and opened as soon as it hit the water. The purple sps and lastly some pieces that broke off in transit. Any id on the sps? The best part is the guy had them under crap lighting so they should do well in their new home.

Attachments

• image-20004752.jpg
    image-20004752.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3498272146.jpg
    image-3498272146.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1811792009.jpg
    image-1811792009.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3188975433.jpg
    image-3188975433.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3013927191.jpg
    image-3013927191.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 73
Thanks man, I'm pretty pumped today. Awesome new corals and I am all set for hunting next month also. PETA reps forgive but yes I do hunt.

The two are running well which is one 1050 and one 1400. The other 1050 I'm waiting on a new grill for which is being sent by koralia.

kdpuffer said:
The two are running well which is one 1050 and one 1400. The other 1050 I'm waiting on a new grill for which is being sent by koralia.

And how many fish u have?

Ya Honda, I don't think your gonna find any problems with the equipment your using. I think that you need to find out what is effecting your fish because for you to create enough flow for them to not be able to overcome is a lot more then you got. Have you been to the ocean before? Lol.

Mrc8858 said:
Ya Honda, I don't think your gonna find any problems with the equipment your using. I think that you need to find out what is effecting your fish because for you to create enough flow for them to not be able to overcome is a lot more then you got. Have you been to the ocean before? Lol.

Yea I have lol but I just don't know man I want to have a nice aquarium and everything but every time something like that happens I get pissed

Well nothing new to add but I am annoyed with my koralia pumps. I had a second one break and start running in reverse :-( on that topic I still have not received my replacement grills. I did do a parameter test last night and my KH is low. What are some recommendations to raise it? Also when raising it what other parameters are effected?

Back
Top Bottom