Another freshy converting, 3 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sincity said:
Ya looks like you are about .25 API kits are a bit greener then the card portrays

Its not that I don't know how to read it, all I use are api master kits for fw, but with those the test is ”clear”, with this sw it turned cloudy, of that suppose to happen?

00youknowit00 said:
Okay, cause I was about to do a top off and didn't know, I did on the primary fill up though

I check my salinity and then if i need any in my top off water i add it.

But no if yr just topping off i d just add it.

Travis55 said:
I check my salinity and then if i need any in my top off water i add it.

But no if yr just topping off i d just add it.

Salinity? I'm taking about using water conditioner, a dechlorinater, if I'm using distilled/ro water.

00youknowit00 said:
Salinity? I'm taking about using water conditioner, a dechlorinater, if I'm using distilled/ro water.

Yea. No need to use the dechlorinator. But its easier to add salt to top off eater than directly to ur display tank.

So it looks like ths rock the friend have me started the cycle, its only like 2.25lbs live rock is 12.99 a pound, how little live do you think I could get away with?

00youknowit00 said:
So it looks like ths rock the friend have me started the cycle, its only like 2.25lbs live rock is 12.99 a pound, how little live do you think I could get away with?

Total or how much more live rock do you need? They say a pound per gal but more is better... so a couple more pounds would be good.

For some advice never add salt directly to the tank with fish in it it burns their gills and causes stress. Mix it first in your water your adding then add it to the tank:)

Sincity said:
For some advice never add salt directly to the tank with fish in it it burns their gills and causes stress. Mix it first in your water your adding then add it to the tank:)

Thats why i said add it to ur top off water. Lol

Sincity said:

Yeah no worries, I know that:)

So tomorrow should be rock day, im probably just going to bite the bullet and get all live still, could I do fine just getting 4lbs? I already have 2.25.

00youknowit00 said:
So tomorrow should be rock day, im probably just going to bite the bullet and get all live still, could I do fine just getting 4lbs? I already have 2.25.

I would think that would be ok.

Back
Top Bottom