Another freshy converting, 3 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
00youknowit00 said:
Going to get some things tomorrow,
For the sand:
http://www.petco.com/product/115883/Petco-Black-Aquarium-Sand.aspx
Its cheap, that bothers me a little, I'm afraid its painted..

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753227&lmdn=Type its kind of expensive, but its really all I have locally..

I'm leaning towards the second one.

Also getting a heater.

Why not pfs? George9 had a heck of a time cleaning out the black petco sand, i can tell ya that

Gboy66 said:
Why not pfs? George9 had a heck of a time cleaning out the black petco sand, i can tell ya that

I want black, I have pfs in my 20H, im not too worried about cleaning. Do y'all like your petco sand?

00youknowit00 said:
I want black, I have pfs in my 20H, im not too worried about cleaning. Do y'all like your petco sand?

Ooh black? I really havent seen the use of black sand alot in sw tanks! This could be cool, the corals will be so bright!

I bought white petco sand, and i didnt have much trouble..

Gboy66 said:
Ooh black? I really havent seen the use of black sand alot in sw tanks! This could be cool, the corals will be so bright!

I bought white petco sand, and i didnt have much trouble..

Well theres a big price difference in petco sand vs. the caribbean sand from petsmart. If its worth it I don't mind paying, but don't wanna pay more for no reason.

00youknowit00 said:
Question, since I don't have RO/DI do I just use distilled water? Or what?

Just buy it from the lfs or supermarket. Ro is good, preferably rodi

In the long run that's no problem. But, I need to get some tomorrow, and can't go to my lfs in time and get to work (I'm in highschool by the way). But walmart if on the way home and I thought that I could use distilled without problem. Or maybe just this once?

00youknowit00 said:
In the long run that's no problem. But, I need to get some tomorrow, and can't go to my lfs in time and get to work (I'm in highschool by the way). But walmart if on the way home and I thought that I could use distilled without problem. Or maybe just this once?

Yea. I think u can get gallons of their filtered water. I think the filters they use are ro machines

Ya, i think walmart is good enough. But try for the rodi whenever possible. With a 3g, you need top notch water quality

Gboy66 said:
Ya, i think walmart is good enough. But try for the rodi whenever possible. With a 3g, you need top notch water quality

Well I know walmart had those water station things, not sure what kind of water it is, but I think distilled should be fine. At least for now.

00youknowit00 said:
Well I know walmart had those water station things, not sure what kind of water it is, but I think distilled should be fine. At least for now.

Whatever u do just hurry up so we can see this tank!

Back
Top Bottom