Another freshy converting, 3 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turbo snails are algae eaters while nassarius snails eat detritus and other nitrate producing nasties. They also primarily live in the sandbed. Both beneficial in different ways.

Got 4 pound of LR, theres probably around 4.5-5 lbs in the tank, if there was more it's look like a tank full of rocks.. Haha, think that'll be plenty?

Almost forgot the pictures!!

If I absolutely have to, I might be able to get a little more in.. Preferably not though.

ForumRunner_20120113_195228.jpg
Theres some kind of ”plant” on some of the rock, the lady said it helps keep nitrate and phosphate down a lot? Y'all have any idea what it is?

00youknowit00 said:
Almost forgot the pictures!!

If I absolutely have to, I might be able to get a little more in.. Preferably not though.

Theres some kind of ”plant” on some of the rock, the lady said it helps keep nitrate and phosphate down a lot? Y'all have any idea what it is?

Lookin good!!!!

00youknowit00 said:
Thanks! You think that'll be enough rock?

I would maybe try and get a couple more lbs... being that u wont have actual fish ur swim space could be cut down to make more crawling room for shrimp and inverts!

00youknowit00 said:
I dunno, I was asking you:p if it is, isn't that bad?

Hahaha ya, i meant like ? Maybe.

Yes, bad. Not like dephcon 5 bad, but annoying. They multiply quickly and can overrun coral

In a way I'm kind okay with it, for now, its life haha, I see a couple more things that look like they could be coral, also something that I think is a snail, I'll try and get a picture.

00youknowit00 said:
In a way I'm kind okay with it, for now, its life haha, I see a couple more things that look like they could be coral, also something that I think is a snail, I'll try and get a picture.

Haha i know how you feel...i love my diatoms

Back
Top Bottom