Aquarium Instant Ocean Bio-Spira - Any Good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryS

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, Came across this product on BRS: "Aquarium Instant Ocean Bio-Spira". It's recommended to start.... and accelerate cycling a new tank, especially when starting with "dead" rock... which is guaranteed free of pests, according to BRS.

Does anyone have experience with this seeding technique? I've read the handy article on the forum about fishless cycling and have decided to go that route.

Thanks!

Link for Bio-Spira: Aquarium Instant Ocean Bio-Spira - 250 mL - English

LarryS said:
Hi, Came across this product on BRS: "Aquarium Instant Ocean Bio-Spira". It's recommended to start.... and accelerate cycling a new tank, especially when starting with "dead" rock... which is guaranteed free of pests, according to BRS.

Does anyone have experience with this seeding technique? I've read the handy article on the forum about fishless cycling and have decided to go that route.

Thanks!

Link for Bio-Spira: Aquarium Instant Ocean Bio-Spira - 250 mL - English

I used it when I had lots of dead rock in my 90 gallon reef and like 5 pounds of live rock. It didn't seem to speed up cycling. I will not buy it again.

I have heard it;s ok, but I also wouldnt waste my money on it. There's alot of other stuff you can use that money for that will have definite results. You can buy a powerhead for what that stuff costs LOL

Good advice. What had me so curious were the very positive reviews for the product - at the same time, I was suspicious because there were so few.

Glad you guys are here! :)

A lot of those quick and instacycle stuff is a waste of money and its never really cycles your tank I believe all it does is buffer your ammonia levels to make it less harmful for fish. But I wouldn't trust it. Either wait it out or get more live rock. I can even give u some filter media from my other tank to help speed up and seed your tank.

A lot of those quick and instacycle stuff is a waste of money and its never really cycles your tank I believe all it does is buffer your ammonia levels to make it less harmful for fish. But I wouldn't trust it. Either wait it out or get more live rock. I can even give u some filter media from my other tank to help speed up and seed your tank.

Thanks, Paul! I'll give you a heads up when I'm ready. :)

No problem Larry. I talked to the hidden reef today and my tank won't be there till tomorrow so if I shoot down there tomorrow ill give u a call

Back
Top Bottom