Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eek I just realized that the lr in the back compartment doesnt have any water in it yet. Should I just leave it for awhile so I can get some die off to jumpstart a cycle or should I fill it with water and worry about the rock later?

Its such a pain to get in and out of the back compartment thats why I put it in before i added water and pushed it back against the wall.

half is base and half is LR from a lfs. I had them in the last cube underwater they then went to a bucket with water while i waited for the new cube.

All filled up and rock is all in! Now to wait for the filter to get some of the floating sand. LOL

img_1314492_0_ead2b9703f24247b202e4f90f2021f09.jpg

Thanks wolf. Can't wait for it to clear up. I wanna run the tests on it and see if the cycle started in the bucket.LOL Hopefully I have some ammonia when I test.:-D

My tank took exactly 18 gallons of water to fill after rock and sand displacement.

quite a bit of rock and sand displacement. im getting my heater soon idk why but im excited. should i get the top or heater today im debating bewteen the two

Water is almost cleared up, i can see to the other side now. :) i also kinda like the rocks the way they ended up. I got a really nice smaller piece from the lfs the other day and its full of coralline. Nice piece to seed my tank. And it weighed less than a pound so thats like a cheapo way to get coralline in the tank.

Yepper it's a 29g cube. i just did my basic water testing even though it's prob way too soon but I got:

1.023 Salinity
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
0 nitrate
8.3 Ph

Guess I'll wait and see if anything tests tomorrow. I'm worried I may not see a cycle since I added so much LR.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom