Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't happen to find the root cause, 81 isn't bad. I kept my tank in the 79-81 region, on the higher end most of the time. Wolf, the standard hood fixtures don't put off enough to worry about.

Thanks Thom, I appreciate the advice. Hopefully I can get some answers and keep it a bit cooler, but its good to know i can make due with 81.

yeah 81 isnt that bad my fw is at 82-84 and thanks for the info on the hood i worry about the little things i love this tank so much that's why

The heaters say may be off by 1 degree on the packaging. The thermometers do too.

1+1=2 :-D

So I kept the heater off overnight and have two thermometers in the tank. They both read 80 degrees. That's with no lights and the room temperature being 75.

I hope the temp will be ok. At least it's stable.

Well it's off to do my water testing.
woohoo

I have some serious concerns about my testing. :-(

I think I still see a tinge of green in this test. I also went ahead and tested 5 of my other tanks and they also seem to have a tinge of green. I know 6 of my tanks don't have ammonia LOL.

Could it be the test liquid, I mean I'm erring on the side of caution as far as reading them. Maybe I'm not matching the color on the card right? This ammonia test kit was purchased separately after I ran out of the master kit and the color card is a tad different.

Could this be it or am I actually having ammonia in all my tanks? lol Even the empty one? I have those ammonia hang on detectors in two of the tanks and they are coming in at 0. And yes, they work, I used one when I was cycling with ammonia and they showed it. :)

Heres this mornings test results

img_1326512_0_93a22cfe99519aceaa88efb085f83983.jpg

If anyone has any input now is the time! I was wanting to order my gobies this week.

LOL I have been its just in my mind I see a tinge of green. I'm thinking I'm paranoid. I know when I post shots of the tests people dont have the new card they are using their memory of the master kit card.

So is it just me? I wish I had some salifert test kits for ammonia left, I just know they would be 100%. It's over an hour ride to get one though.

I think it's just you. If all your tanks are reading the same then I would say you are ok. I'm red/green colorblind so I have no idea what that test reads.

Hello carey I think your test looks fine but if your still not sure the only way is another test kit 

Yeah I'de be on my third ammonia test this year. lol The first master kit I bought had expired ammonia bottles, so I got replacements from petco then I ran out so i bought the single api test kit.

I got paid today maybe I can take a journey. lol I was wanting to buy gobies instead of handing over $20-25 for a test kit. Maybe I can bring my water in for testing to a lfs? Still an hour trip though...

Why is everything so darn complicated sometimes? :-D

I think we are all paranoid when we look at these tests sometimes at home I'm always asking second opinions and going outside to look at the test in day light lol

I don't think anybody suggested doing a control test on the water that you know is ammonia free, like new ro water or newly mixed salt water. If the color is the same you're safe, if it's yellower you know you're in trouble.

omg. duh. lemme get on that right now. Thanks so much!!!

This will decide if I can order my fish today!

Ok so here are pictures of fresh salt water and the biocube water. I took them with and without flash. Looks like I'm in the clear. lol

img_1326798_0_9e1f001bc516ad1c54aed104a925ac21.jpg

img_1326798_1_be929653126cad3db4ce6a7494d5eab3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom