Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This one lfs I go to had them this time and it's unusual to find soo much coralline, some of the LR I purchased for my original 29g months ago had some purple but nothing like this. I think the purple up the store adds to the rock tank makes it get that purple.

I've heard it;s real tough overseas to get stuff, I feel your pain. Wish you luck, and if you haven't seen theres a section for the UK and the isles under the regional forums I believe it is, you might be able tog et some good leads there.

Yeah it has a tinge of green, at least to me. Wish it was digital lol. Now that would rock. Probably couldn't afford it anyways.

Do you have any tanks glen?if so we'd love to see a picture. Or if you don't what are you wanting?

To me, it looks the same as yesterday when you tested.

To me, it looks the same as yesterday when you tested.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I think for sure I'll stop adding flake food. Thats' gotta be the reason. The die off from the lr should be over by now I 'd think anyways. But it's only been 5 days so maybe.

i had a thought though, what about the LR I have in the back compartment? It's not completley submerged in there could that be generating die off? Should I raise the water level or take out some rubble?

That, I can't completely answer, as I've never used that type of filter! EXPERTS!? :p

Yes I have had a fowlr for a year I think it's a 100g not sure it's got a dry wet sump but trying to go reef I have pictures on my thread sorry newbie to all this forum stuff don't know how to post links lol

Just copy paste :p no biggie. But wow. A 100g. Whatcha got/want in it?

Nice tank Glen. Wow, it has some nice rockwork. I'm biding my time til I get a 125g for a reef.

I love my cheap thermometers! I hate those stick on strips and I'm not ready for the electronic one lol.

I personally like the cheap ones too! They seem way more accurate, I've tried about 3 or 4 electronic ones and each one always reads differently than the last! Still use the electronic ones in the tanks just to make sure the heater hasn't quit but i always have a cheapy on hand to double check.

Ok Experts I have an issue. Well, other than the stupid ammonia that won't seem to go away.

The temperature in the cube is 81 degrees. The heater is set on 75. :-( I think the lights are heating up the water. It gets down to 80 overnight after the lights have been off.
How do I tackle this issue. I havent removed the heater yet, so not sure if its heating the water even though its set for so low.

Probably the lights, mine heats up to like 78 during the day and cools to 76 at night which is fine, my heater is set to 75. I leave the feeding lid open and I also put something in the actual lid to keep it cracked open. I have a lid for one of my water jugs in the crack right now.

I always worry about my tank's temperature too. It's at 80 during the day and goes down to 78 overnight and it's not even summer yet:eek: Makes me think of what I'm gonna do with my cube.
People have to use heaters to temp match water for PWC and I have some ice in my freezer - tap water runs at 86F!:blink:

The only issue I see is increased evaporation. I tried that on my FW and the water was going like crazy, but I don't know if it would be any different in a SW tank. Try and see how it works out for you now that you don't have any fish in there yet.

I unplugged the heater and have the front lid open. Lights are still on. I'm curious if the temp will drop. hmmm I hope so cause 81 seems a tad high to me.

On another note I just moved my original 29g sw tank out from the corner and filled her back up. Not sure what to do with it yet. Got no LR in yet just a badly dying brain coral and a few survivors in the CUC. The tank has been vacant for weeks. And I tested the water and its not too bad believe it or not. lol

img_1324756_0_9d8975cd02699e37167a340bfc740d27.jpg

Back
Top Bottom