Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got one but I paid anyway. it's the least i could. :)

I have a new stocking list for the cube:

1- Citron Goby
1- Candycane Goby
1- Scooter Dragonet
1- Female Misbar oscellaris

I decided to sell off the other 29g sw setup so i had to find a home for the clown. I woulda returned her but she's kinda cool, just doesn't get along with other clown fish.

I was thinking on adding one more fish to the mix. Not sure what though. It would have to be small. I'd like a swimming fish though. the only fish that swims around is the clown LOL

Haha, how does your thread just keep going?! I've updated mine, but nobody posts anymore. I think they're waiting until I can actually have something exciting on.

True. :) It gets rolling alot more after you start the build and when stocking time comes. LOL

That's why I figured I'd post and see if anyone had any suggestions for the last fish. hehe

Darn. Wish my mom would pay... Let me look at liveaquaria to see if I can find any fish that might work that you looked over.

Ooh, have you looked at firefish? Would they fit in with your tank? I was going to get some, but chose other fish over them.

Bettababe1011 said:
Ooh, have you looked at firefish? Would they fit in with your tank? I was going to get some, but chose other fish over them.

I was thinking firefish too! :)
They are small and very cute. I used to have a pair and they were always together. Didn't swim much though, they just sorta hovered in their part of the tank.

1Vampiregirl said:
I was thinking firefish too! :)
They are small and very cute. I used to have a pair and they were always together. Didn't swim much though, they just sorta hovered in their part of the tank.

They look really cool. The fish store I went to look at had some. Along with a scooter blenny that my mom instantly fell in love with. And a mandarin. But I explained to her why the mandarin, even an ORA one, wasn't suitable for my tank. When I get it that is.

Yeah, I just came home from a fish store trip myself and am fully impressed. Both stores I went to had firefish and scooters and a few mandarins. I haven't realized they were so big! But beautiful!!!
Also they had another gorgeous fish - a marine betta! Really nice fish, but grows big and could eat small fish.
And a lot of green clown gobies - nice little guys, now they are on my list too lol!

Now back on track. Carey, and how do you feel about dottybacks? Bicolor is cute. Liveaquaria says they're semi-aggressive and will defend their own, but I had an opposite experience with it. Mine was very peaceful and nearly got slaughtered by a chromis half its size! Never bothered anybody in the tank.

You could also take a look at some cardinals and basslets that stay small.

I've really put you guys to work! lol

I'd love another basslet just not sure on their sizes. I also like the cardinals, the orange ones most.

I also would love a blenny but not sure if he would get along totally with my scooter or if there are small-ish ones. So far the mean female clown hasn't picked on anyone yet, if she does it's her last chance hehe

back to websites to search fish! :-D

Don't worry scott, they will show up. :-D You have all base rock now right? If so it will take awhile to populate.

Well I've had it for a while.
And the rocks before that.
Altogether i've been cycled almost two months now. Is that enough time?

I put about 60lbs of base rock in my 29g a few weeks ago and havent seen too many pods, just usually on the glass. I also have sand in that tank though that has been in use for years. I bought the sand from a guys breakdown about 6 months ago.

Pods and coepods show up as your tank matures. Theres unfortunately no set in stone time frame.

Another example is my pod tank. I have about 25lbs of lr and sand in a 10g and still not seeing a huge population.

I promise they will show up. :-D

Are you gonna start restocking soon?

carey said:
Another example is my pod tank. I have about 25lbs of lr and sand in a 10g and still not seeing a huge population.

Are you feeding them? How do you even feed something so tiny???

I have cheato and I've been putting in some phyto and the occassional fish flakes. Thats what I've been told to put in and I also fed them some pod supplement stuff. I only have some on the glass so far. I can always take a piece of lr from my 55g though, theres stuff crawling all over those rocks.
I found something that was bigger than my candycane goby in my skimmer cup yesterday, it was like SUPER POD. it was still crawling in my sink. Quite gross. lol

Yikes! That is gross!
A few weeks ago I had some tiny worms in my FW tank, there were like thousands of them in the gravel! Boy was it disgusting when I had to rinse the filter stuff in tank water!

I just got off the phone with the company I got my fish from and they gave me a $20 credit for the one candycane goby that didn't make it. I didn't even have a picture of it since it was probably eaten. Good customer service. She even said she was sorry about the fish.

Petsolutions.com if anyone is interested. Got my bioCube and the fish from them.

Yikes! That is gross!
A few weeks ago I had some tiny worms in my FW tank, there were like thousands of them in the gravel! Boy was it disgusting when I had to rinse the filter stuff in tank water!

How do you get worms in a fw tank? Is it from having live plants? I've luckily never spotted any in my tanks. I would def be grossed out. yech..

I'll keep that in mind. I got my cube from them too and have that gift certificate lying around. Wasn't sure how reliable Petsolutions are. Thanks for sharing, Carey! :)

Back
Top Bottom