Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the pictures! He's a pretty little thing.

img_1448964_0_53218304563ef1deecab8e23de5c515f.jpg

img_1448964_1_c0b6be7589ec35bb468a6c3989302397.jpg

img_1448964_2_9ec9ff26992208edff208b77a0cf53ce.jpg

And yet another YWG rises from the ashes......hopefully 3rd time is the charm. This one is already active, he's huddled next to the scooter right now. Its adorable.

This is my last attempt at a YWG. I promise. He just looked so healthy I couldnt resist. I woulda gotten a midas blenny but he didnt have any. :-(

LOL. He;s hiding now, can't find him. He's been following the scooter all over the tank but the scooter sleeps under the sand so I think it confused banana. hehe...

LOL. He;s hiding now, can't find him. He's been following the scooter all over the tank but the scooter sleeps under the sand so I think it confused banana. hehe...

Oh noooo, not a confused Banana, not good, not cool, nope, gotta stop that confused little Banana and make him happy :)

Take him by the peely hand and guide him. DON'T MASH HIM!!!

Just as I read this he came out, sat for a few seconds looking at me then disappeared. LOL I think this one is gonna make it, he's so much more animated. :)

carey said:
Just as I read this he came out, sat for a few seconds looking at me then disappeared. LOL I think this one is gonna make it, he's so much more animated. :)

Yay! Go banana Jr. Jr!!! Lol. I hope he makes it too! (Ps... If my parents ever let me get a saltwater... I'm getting a banana! Lol... They're so awesome!) good luck with him!!!

Still here and still reading. Glad to hear this banana is more promising :)

he swims an awful lot near the top of the water. I'mnot sure if thats a good thing. lol He also started sifting little piles of sand today. Thank goodness this one is doing well. I got him at the same shop that I got the fish that poisoned my 125g. SO far I've gotten 1 bad fish outta say 30-40 fish/creatures.

carey said:
he swims an awful lot near the top of the water. I'mnot sure if thats a good thing. lol He also started sifting little piles of sand today. Thank goodness this one is doing well. I got him at the same shop that I got the fish that poisoned my 125g. SO far I've gotten 1 bad fish outta say 30-40 fish/creatures.

So sifting sand = good, + swimming at the top = possibly bad... == I'd call him ok :) lol. I sure hope he makes it!

How's your temp in there? Sorry but I did all that reading and now my head has too much info at the moment and trying to sort it out and then some things just kinda got stuck in my head while others flew out the window. One of the things that stuck is.... one of the reasons for swimming at the top (alot of people think it's just a breathing issue) is if the temperature is too warm because the top is cooler.

top is usually warmer not cooler, lights are closer to the top. when first introduced thy will sometimes swim around until they find a suitable burrow. use a tiny piece of thin pvc pipe like 1 inch diameter and make him a burrow visible to you, its very cool. good luck with banana!

So I'm thinking on going to visit the mandarin that is waiting for me. It's been in qt for 2 weeks so far. See, the thing is, if I go I know I will wanna take it home with me. LOL

What should I do? Not go, go and not bring him home or go and have my mandarin tomorrow? Or this week at least. :)

top is usually warmer not cooler, lights are closer to the top. when first introduced thy will sometimes swim around until they find a suitable burrow. use a tiny piece of thin pvc pipe like 1 inch diameter and make him a burrow visible to you, its very cool. good luck with banana!

Sorry, what I read was what you said, I relayed it backwards, thank you.

Hey Carey, ignore my post about the temperature, I reversed the info. Sorry.:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom