Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He thankfully doesnt look thin, he was getting a bit chunky for a while. lol Maybe thats natures way of slimming him down. He is alot more active now and hasnt burrowed since last night so I think I'm in the clear. At least in this case. Cause there's always something to worry about.....

I haven't posted here in a while since nothing new has gone into the tank adn I haven't yet added corals. BUT today I couldn't resist.

I got myself the tiniest little yellow watchman goby! He's acclimating right now. :-D

I also picked up 5 more blue hermits, sor some reason mine keep dying. :-(
I have a ton of shells in there for them to swap to but for some reason I just find their tiny dead bodies.

carey said:
I haven't posted here in a while since nothing new has gone into the tank adn I haven't yet added corals. BUT today I couldn't resist.

I got myself the tiniest little yellow watchman goby! He's acclimating right now. :-D

I also picked up 5 more blue hermits, sor some reason mine keep dying. :-(
I have a ton of shells in there for them to swap to but for some reason I just find their tiny dead bodies.

"cough" pictures? Wait.... There are fully aquatic hermit crabs?! Cool!

Here ya go

img_1437059_0_40eb7b6a7d94109f1cf832d8722c4c2b.jpg

img_1437059_1_d5c947620148fb617978e3457ea03a6f.jpg

img_1437059_2_9bfd8298788f66e7246c4052e99c8d7d.jpg

I just got really bored so I totally cleaned the cube. I mean I got the razor blade out and everything. lol

The clowns are harassing the poor new goby, but he just swims right back into their "area" and gets harassed again. Not sure if he's dumb or just gutsy. :)

I also made a pretty big change, I took out my koralia 425 and out in a Koralia 750 powerhead. While I was cleaning I noticed several dead spots in the sand and under some rocks so I thought I'd give high flow a shot.
I used to use 2 in my 29g straight tank so it shouldnt be to bad.

Now if only I could put the 425 in the pico........

Oh wow, Carey! You really like high flow in your tanks. I'm still with the stock pump in my cube lol!

So for an update. Because the clowns were harassing this new goby to death almost I made a judgement call and moved the clowns back into the 125g.

And now, wouldnt' you know it, I can't find the watchman in the cube. :-(

I've moved and picked up every rock to no avail. He's not in the filter compartments, at least as far as I can see. that's the 2nd fish that has gone missing with no resolution. I'm hoping this guy shows up though, maybe he's burrowed in somewhere.

My mandarin is supposedly in but I'm gonna have the fish store hold him for a week or two since my qt isn't up yet. He also has my blue reef chromis but I can't pick them up until I get my QT rolling. I guess if he holds my fish long enough for me Ishould be ok. Least I'm hoping. lol

Back to the cube to see if I can find him again.

He must be hiding, Carey. Maybe he dug himself a nice homey burrow under a rock and decided to wait out the "sandstorm" :)

It was brutal, these cute little clownfish were so nasty to the YWG, I'm starting to think maybe the clowns should be rehomed. Every tank I put them in theybully the fish. Although now that they are in the 125g they havent bothered anyone, not a surprise since theres only a gob, blenny and a yellow tang in there. lol

carey said:
It was brutal, these cute little clownfish were so nasty to the YWG, I'm starting to think maybe the clowns should be rehomed. Every tank I put them in theybully the fish. Although now that they are in the 125g they havent bothered anyone, not a surprise since theres only a gob, blenny and a yellow tang in there. lol

Wow, I didn't know they could be so mean...
I was planning to add my clown the last but then I saw picassos and you know what happened next lol. Now I'm nervous.
What kind are those clowns, Carey?

Btw, how's the scooter?

Scooter is doing fine, thanks for asking. :) he is eating pods again though so hopefully he wont revert totally back.

I have the issue with my regular old orange oscellaris's. I got them cause they were misbars and really cheap lol. I kinda regret it now but I'm trying to work around their aggression. They are after all a damsel fish and we all know how they are.

Last picture I have of the YWG, he grabbed a huge piece of mysis shrimp that couldnt even fit in his mouth. I really hope he turns out to be fine. I worry way too much I know. lol

img_1442772_0_d6dc7b88f645f228ae56cfe8cfe60f5b.jpg

The mandarin is the one fish that does not really need to be quarantined, it would be good to get him good and fat though since quarantining makes it really easy to target feed (this won't be hard to do in your nano though either probably). The mandarin has a protective slime coating which makes it very resistant to disease.

carey said:
Last picture I have of the YWG, he grabbed a huge piece of mysis shrimp that couldnt even fit in his mouth. I really hope he turns out to be fine. I worry way too much I know. lol

That's so cute! I think he grabbed a piece that big 'coz he was afraid that nassarius snail would get it first. :D

Woot! So two weeks on hold and eating and getting fat should be a good enough qt? I would prefer the lFS get him fattened up for me, plus I can be sure he will take prepared foods. :)

Thats the plan anyways. lol

Mandarins can still get ich though right? Not that I'm gonna put him another tank but just wondering.....

Back
Top Bottom