Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure either. hehe

he just ate 2 bloodworms and thats' it. i don't think qt'ing him would work or be beneficial so I've kinda been letting it work itself out. I hope I'm doing the right thing.

he is still pretty small, I've had him for like 3 months. he is alot larger than when I got him though, he's maybe 3 inches.

You think it''s just a phase? maybe he will come out of it? I hate worrying about my fish but there always seems to be one I get concerned with.
LOL

carey said:
he is still pretty small, I've had him for like 3 months. he is alot larger than when I got him though, he's maybe 3 inches.

You think it''s just a phase? maybe he will come out of it? I hate worrying about my fish but there always seems to be one I get concerned with.
LOL

Lol, well... It certainly doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with him physically (then again... What do I know? Lol) but it sounds like a phase to me. Just keep in mind... At least he IS eating.

Were the parameters off that you had to do that many water changes? Sorry if you already answered that, I've been busy this weekend and didn't go through all the missed threads :p I hope he starts eating soon!

Nah, the water was all 0 with 10 nitrates. I'm always trying to get to 0 in this tank its so hard with no skimmer and overfeeding like I do for the scooter. I was hoping the extra pwc would perk him up a bit but he's still not eating. I'll be trying again in a few hours. maybe do another 5g pwc just in case.

Me, I am not a big fan of PWC, I only do them when there is a need. I feel like I'm disrupting their sea life doing them.

Maybe you need to buy him some toys, maybe a beach ball or something :p

if i make it sw what cool inverts could i keep? post iin my thread so we don't get OT. and ive heard bettas getting bored and just hanging in one place mabye add something new to the tank?

He ate 3 brine shrimps yesterday that i saw. That can't possibly be enough food can it? i also recently added a fuge with chaeto into the back compartment.. maybe he's getting some pods now and doesn't wanna eat the prepared? Just a guess lol

I also have a new addition, some neon green algae is growing on the back wall. I can't brush it off or scrape it off. Any ideas?

He ate 3 brine shrimps yesterday that i saw. That can't possibly be enough food can it? i also recently added a fuge with chaeto into the back compartment.. maybe he's getting some pods now and doesn't wanna eat the prepared? Just a guess lol

I also have a new addition, some neon green algae is growing on the back wall. I can't brush it off or scrape it off. Any ideas?

start of coraline?

Ya think? I have the hard red coralline and the purple already, just haven't seen such a bright green. It flourescences really well. lol

I just did a major clean up of the cube too. Scraped everything off that I could. It's just weird to see such a bright green in there. It's at the water level too so I don't get it. I haven't dosed any purple up or anything either. Just figured it would be purple since the rock I put in there was covered in purple. LOL

Just fed the cube and the scooter ate about 15 bloodworms. :-D

Yay! Maybe he just had stomach trouble, but he's back to eating again thankfully.

carey said:
Just fed the cube and the scooter ate about 15 bloodworms. :-D

Yay! Maybe he just had stomach trouble, but he's back to eating again thankfully.

Phew, that's a relief.

Back
Top Bottom