Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol i was going to correct him and say her but i decided not to :p

i just put my 4 lamp T5 fixture on, right now i'm only using two bulbs but once i get some corals in and my clowns adjust to the different light the blues will be turned on

lol i was going to correct him and say her but i decided not to :p

i just put my 4 lamp T5 fixture on, right now i'm only using two bulbs but once i get some corals in and my clowns adjust to the different light the blues will be turned on

That's great! I have a 6 bulb 20" nova extreme pro that was awesome on my cube, trying to sell both, but now the cube is going to be a hyposalinity QT.

Carey, are you at HD buying supplies?

I made the rounds today, all corals for the pico though. LOL
Took me a few hours to find a fixture and HD was in the list. hehe

How much did you want for that 20" light? And that skimmer if you still have it?

Lol, I do have it. The light is new, I added 4 led bulbs to the metal reflector part (bought a kit, no diy electrical for me), so It was $275 all together, looking for $200 including shipping it. (165 ish for light and 25 ish for shipping). The skimmer I want $40 for, will ship for free with light :) otherwise, I think it is going to be $8 as it is about the size and weight of the other boxes I sent you. I used the light for two months, so the bulbs should be good for a while, I think someone said a year for T5HOs. Let me know if you want either.

for T5s they are good from 9-a year,you could prob go longer but i wouldn't try it unless you're housing low lights

Lol, I do have it. The light is new, I added 4 led bulbs to the metal reflector part (bought a kit, no diy electrical for me), so It was $275 all together, looking for $200 including shipping it. (165 ish for light and 25 ish for shipping). The skimmer I want $40 for, will ship for free with light :) otherwise, I think it is going to be $8 as it is about the size and weight of the other boxes I sent you. I used the light for two months, so the bulbs should be good for a while, I think someone said a year for T5HOs. Let me know if you want either.

I'll have to think about it. Thats a good deal but my next build that I have in mind won't need those lights. LOL I just have to decide which way I'm gonna go next.

are you going to go FOWLR or an invert tank. inverts are so cool, i love my crabs and shrimps, my nassarius snails are wicked cool to, i love watchign them come out of the sand when its mysis shrimp day

I gotta share this. I was looking at the tank and noticed my gramma, all dead looking, plastered to the outisde of my Koralia. I'm like almost in tears, I figure he is the next fish to go. I run to get the net to put him in the QT and as I go to get him he just freaks out and swims away, all normal. Stupid fish. LOL

He is fine and normal just had to share this. :)

Almost time to go to petco to get another tank. woohoo!

Also, I was wondering how many cleaner shrimp would be good in this 125g. I have 2 skunk cleaners already and was thinking about getting more. maybe 3? or is that too many? I happen to love the inverts so it's not about getting fish cleaned as much as I like them.

i honestly would have two for every foot of tank, i'd put 6 in but that night be to many. idealy i would think that a two cleaner per two foor section it just seems logical to me as they have a perfect view of fish in that area as well as fish have a view of them

generally they will pair up and setup a station and stay there unless its feeding time

I bought three skunk cleaner shrimp today!! at $15 each at petco's big sale. Unfortunately one was really small and now I can't find him. lol

I'm also gonna order some new white bulbs for my fixture this week, I got in on a BRS group buy supposedly. Think I'm gonna get just 6 ATI aquableu plus and replace the blues maybe next month. I've noticed my corals arent doing as well as they did in the 55g so I wanna give them a boost.

Back
Top Bottom