Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an app on my phone that dings me when one of my search terms is found so I generally get first dibs. :) I've gotten some sweet deals. I mean obscenely sweet deals. Just got a 90g brand new still in the wrapping drilled tank, new sump, pump, skimmer and other stuff for $200. :)

carey said:
I have an app on my phone that dings me when one of my search terms is found so I generally get first dibs. :) I've gotten some sweet deals. I mean obscenely sweet deals. Just got a 90g brand new still in the wrapping drilled tank, new sump, pump, skimmer and other stuff for $200. :)

That's crazy!!!! I want it!!!!

Do you have android? Its in the apps market for free and its the one with a purple peace sign as the icon. The other apps work but this one works the best I find. :)

carey said:
Do you have android? Its in the apps market for free and its the one with a purple peace sign as the icon. The other apps work but this one works the best I find. :)

I have the iPhone 4
I got a purple peace sign app
Is it this one?

Attachments

• image-282201462.jpg
    image-282201462.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 67
It looks like it. Didnt know it was available on iphone. LOL But of course you guys get everything hehe...

Mine is called craigslist notification.

img_1539197_0_593e27fb7fdd0f4357bb302a79f38656.jpg

carey said:
It looks like it. Didnt know it was available on iphone. LOL But of course you guys get everything hehe...

What kind of android phone do you have? I have an iPhone 4, but I am obsessed with apple lol.

carey said:

Think I saw ur tank on CL. My bf would kill me though... Too bad

redsea said:
What kind of android phone do you have? I have an iPhone 4, but I am obsessed with apple lol.

I can't exist without my iPhone! Been with the iPhone since the 2nd generation and loving it

I had the choice and I went with android. the new i4 was just coming to verizon the next week and I didnt wanna wait. lol Now I cant have the aquaplanner app which I would die to have, it looks awesome.

Yeah, I listed in daytona area for my tank. Orlando I get too many no shows and just creeps wanting to chat. LOL

I adjusted my MH fixture about 3 inches closer to the water, we'll see how that works out. :)

I'm thinking of staying with the MH for the immediate future but what I lack are blue lights. I cant add them to the tank anyway but I was thinking on adding one of these

R2 Solutions Moonlight 11000 MC

It's a high powered single moonlight module in blue adn I was thinking of attaching it to the base clamp on the tank so that I could at least simulate some type of lighting transition for the tank.

Silly idea or not ya think?

I miss the blues coming one then the whites, with the MH it's pretty much hey, its morning get up now with no build up to it.

30 dollars for that? seems like a waste of money to me. carey, you have the blue-est halide lamp available......you have plenty of blue. many people don't use 20k lamps because they are too blue. you actually want more?
you just want a morning/evening transition.
you can go to a store and find these-
Amazon.com: Set of 35 Blue Mini Christmas Lights - Green Wire: Home Improvement
make your own fixture for 4 dollars, if you need a morning and evening so bad.

Yep, basically I do just want the transistion. Im gtting quite used to the blue halides and will be ordering the XM 20k bulb come BRS day.

i bought those blue LED christmas lights and was going to use them over my shallow 150. they do look nice. you just have to make a little box for them and staple them in it so the light goes only in the tank.

Ok, maybe I'll give that a go. They also have those marineland strip lights with the bubblers, not that I;d use the airstone feature but the blue would be nice. I'll go look for the xmas lights, it;s already september so I'm sure christmas stuff is hitting the stores already. LOL

Can I ask.......Are you talking making your own led light for over the tank? What kind of box?

here's a picture of what I have to work with. I cant add a strip light since it will block the MH, can't add a small led modeule to the top of the MH fixture as it will get too hot. So I have just the part that holds it onto the tank to play with.

img_1540548_0_1e5701c64930321257ec907133f7c4fc.jpg

img_1540548_1_afb2c2acb74246f2500a6c9a058970bd.jpg

Just measured it, it's 10.5 inches from the waters top. I lowered it after a suggestion, it was about 6 inches higher yesterday.

I consider the corals going under neath it mostly. And by look of the light. The higher up it is the more spread I get. I moved it down to get more direct light in a more confined area.

Back
Top Bottom