coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ha well i just couldnt leave well enough alone. made a second standpipe and it got noisy again. so i went back to the way i had it only a little more stable. and im back to being silent.

like literally, my lift pump that is sitting on the overflow box is louder than the water!

where did all my water go? last night i had water about 1/4" above my return section glass. now its about 1" below it. where did it all go? doesn't look like the dt. or the floor. so wtf over. there is no way evaporation took it in 9 hours?

It must be in the air because mine did the same. It was almost at the top of the sump and now it was like 3-4 inches lower.

rdnelson99 said:
What is the music I hear???? Oh, Twilight Zone. :)

LOL. The world may never know... Haha you can run a humidifier in the same room as the tank... I heard that helps.

i washed almost 160lbs of substrate. i know a lot of hose water got transferred with the substrate. so is it finally mixing down to the bottom of the dsb's?

Maybe. My 220 is all over the place right now. I even washed all my substrate (150lbs) with ro/di

wow. thats a lot of rodi!

when i woke up at the crack of noon the house didnt feel humid. but what do i know. it had to go some where. i lost close to 2 gallons in 9 hours? that doesn't seem close to being right.

im uploading a vid. well ive got two. one with audio, no where near as cute as careys vids, and one with out my voice commentary similar to how rd does his. you wanna see? where do you want it? youtube or photobucket?

Humidity does take alot of water esp if you have a ton of surface area. Check right where your sump meets the floor... sometimes they can be leaking under themselves

Looking good! I appreciate the plumbing shots, gives me an idea of what youre always talking about LOL

I will link my current videos in this thread http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/careys-last-build-125g-reef-152539-293.html

in a few minutes, a new one comes on Monday maybe

hahaha what do you mean by what im talking about? i know i can be cryptic sometimes. makes for weird conversations with sweety pie. she has gotten used to and better at figuring out what im talking about though.

Humidity does take alot of water esp if you have a ton of surface area. Check right where your sump meets the floor... sometimes they can be leaking under themselves

brent, i checked and im all dry. i put a top on my dt. but im not happy about it. the hinge causes a dark line in my tank. i like how the power head causes so much surface agitation. will having a lid on it impair gass exchange or hurt my pH?

i also did more to the rock since the vid.

img_1617772_0_aa3802459c19d7f2e5d1eda21ee94941.jpg

img_1617772_1_b94add5e112fa1a147d332182af3df69.jpg

img_1617772_2_5fce242b195a1b79fd6df0b50cf4c744.jpg

img_1617772_3_60bd537e9d22c622f0933d9bde42cabf.jpg

img_1617772_4_842cacf135f887eca15bdd3e061c1c85.jpg

img_1617772_0_aa3802459c19d7f2e5d1eda21ee94941.jpg

img_1617772_6_07d80cab85558b0ff4fd270b6712c476.jpg

ok, against better judgement and advice. im taking the top back off. ive been up for about as long as i was asleep last night. and the water level hasnt changed. ive been slowly trying to adjust my salinity back up. moving rock around some more trying to get it to look right to me.

i need some more fish in this tank.

its always crazy humid over here. I add about 2 cups of rodi a week, still testing daily so i dont know how much is actually being lost but it cant be much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom