coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coffeetwitch said:
my blenny is mia... last seen yesterday early evening. i put some seaweed in so we see if he eats any of it by the morning.

Any news on your AWOL Benny?

no so much as a nibble on the seaweed. i called in sick today to help out with family stuff if need be. so until i get the call, ill keep watching.

if he jumped i will never find him. 2 hungry cats would have found him before me.

im sure he will be fine. he has been through alot lately. i, for the most part, redid the whole tank. the only thing that resembles his home when we got him is the color of the rock and background.

and sadly the only other fish in there at the monent is the flame hawkfish. it is possible that he was made fun of. the flame hawk is kinda goofy.

oh and and i played with my cpr overflow a bit today. its primed and ready to flow. i guess we will see if it can last the day without loosing prime.

im hoping i made the right decision by using an overflow rated at 1200gph with a pump thats supposed to yield 800 at 4'. well, less than that because i had to use a few 90*'s to get it to the tank. but it does change from a 3/4" out at the pump then 1" the rest of the way, so maybe the extra diameter will help with some of the loss.

imo you want your overflow to exceed your pump, your overflow shouldn't be able to pull more water down than your pump pushes back up.

Got back in to catch up and I do believe I am gonna have to start from the beginning lol. I got lost trying to pick up where I left off.

lol poor buffy.

ive got it set up and running. skimmer is going. pump is running wide open. no leaks. no overflows.

more rock, macro, and a light and i can call this sump finished.

yeah if its more than 5 pages back... im movin on ill catch up with the convo and whatever i missed hopefully ill get from somewhere else

Hey Jesse you wanna come build a hardliner setup for my sump/refugium?? Ill pay you with a free stand refinishing lol

hey hey. how far from philly are you? sweety pie is on vacation out there. all of my line IS hard line. cost about 30$

you may not want me to do it... my craftsmanship may not be up to your liking.

lol and all my stands are metal, the one wooden was just done mid to late summer.

are you about done or still doing as you can?

well its been running for about 24 hours now. i some how managed to piece together a dorso stand pipe with the bits and peices i had from diy overflow experiments. it got the thing supper quiet. the stand pipe also raised the water level in it enough so it would stop sucking bubbles on the front side so they wont get trapped in the u channel. hahaha while i was messing around trying to silence it, just taking the stock screen out and laying the sponge over the bulkhead took a lot of noise out of it. ive got to make another stand pipe sometime, ive still got the sponge on one of the bulkheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom