coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitch, hope you don't mind my stealling you thread for a second but.....

I think I just scored big time. I may be trading out about 2 days worth of electrical work plus $100.00 worth of materials for a 140 gal with stand, glass top, 4 lamp T5 HO Fixture, wet/dry filter and pump. Hot Dog!!!!

Twitch, hope you don't mind my stealling you thread for a second but.....

I think I just scored big time. I may be trading out about 2 days worth of electrical work plus $100.00 worth of materials for a 140 gal with stand, glass top, 4 lamp T5 HO Fixture, wet/dry filter and pump. Hot Dog!!!!

You will need better lights unless your doing FOWLR, but that is a **** of a deal!!!!

Well, considering I just finished building a 6 lamp fixture from scrap material, I guess I can build an 8 lamp next. :)

got some good mail today. 2 gigs of ram for my computer and my cpr continuous siphon

Good to hear. Glad someone got some good news. :) Had my deal on the 140 done did only to get an e-mail last night saying that someone else jumped in before me. Why he didn't tell me that before we came to agreement is beyond me but......

What did you give for the cpr Twitch? Just curious. That is the basic design I copied when I built mine.

I gave 107? It's the 1200gph model off aqua cave. I didn't do the deluxe because I already had the lift pump that sweety pie bought for the DIY PVC one I made. I did see that if I want the lid I can buy one at a later date. Went to the home depot last night and started plumbing. I've got to go back and exchange one of my unions. Some one threw a threaded union in the slip joint box and I didn't catch it until I was trying to cement my pipe to it.

I also plumbed my pump's 3/4 return line in 1". Hoping that's not a mistake.

Sorry to hear about your tank deal possibly falling through. Hope the guy flakes and you can do the trade for it.

Thanks for the info Jessie and for the sentiments. :) Well, if you paid $107 I feel a lot better about my home made. LOL I got about $50 in it but half of that was the Weld-On 16. I have most of that left over so can use it when I build my sump. Just found an add on CL for someone selling sheets of Acrylic that are 31" x 31" x 1/2" for $10 bucks. That is out of this world. A 36 x 48 x 1/4 at HD is 84. Think I just found the material for my sump. My buy extra and try to build a tank. :) I am thinking a 31" x 31" x 31" cube for the master bedroom would be nice. LOL

and the tube of weld on will last through both of those!

Yup, it is a big tube and it only takes a small bead. It isn't like silicone. In building the overflow, I found that the acrylic is very easy to work with. I personally wont use glass for anything I build after this experience. Even if I go with a cheap aquarium for my sump, I will do acrylic for the dividers. Table saw and router make great cuts, dremel tool works wonders for making small cut outs. I am sold.

Sounds good. I would try it but all my tools are for metal. Maybe some day. I'm glad yours is working out for you. If you get that sheet off Craigslist and make a tank out of it make a thread so I can learn as you go.

Sounds good. I would try it but all my tools are for metal. Maybe some day. I'm glad yours is working out for you. If you get that sheet off Craigslist and make a tank out of it make a thread so I can learn as you go.

If you work in metal I bet you have most of what you need for tools already. What I used was a table saw (but a skill saw would work), a router (but you could do the same with a dremel or roto-zip or a cutting wheel), dremel tool and a propane torch. If I was to do it again, I wouldn't heat and bend the acrylic but would just use all flat stock cut to size and weld it all.

Already working on the plans for a tank to see what I can make out of stock that size. :) Not sure it would work but.......

Already working on the plans for a tank to see what I can make out of stock that size. :) Not sure it would work but.......

Ok, started a new thread in the DIY section called "DIY 160g +/- Tank" and uploaded the quick drawing I put together. Not sure how much I like it but it is better than my 45 right? LOL

rdnelson99 said:
Ok, started a new thread in the DIY section called "DIY 160g +/- Tank" and uploaded the quick drawing I put together. Not sure how much I like it but it is better than my 45 right? LOL

K, I'll follow....

kk, so i ran to the depot of home and exchanged the wrong parts for the right. all my joints are now cemented together. 24 hours for the cristy's red hot to cure and i can have flow through the sump.

im so close yet still so far away. i still need the macro and more rock.

its frustrating waiting for this sump. its the one i made for the 75g but never used. how long ago was it that i actually bought the tank for this purpose to now?

lol my deep water electra haps where going at it again. the is their second mating. and the first batch of babies are almost .5" long now. thats how long ive been trying to get water into this sump!!!!

my blenny is mia... last seen yesterday early evening. i put some seaweed in so we see if he eats any of it by the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom