Cycle question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MeCasa

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started a post a few days back asking about using the Gulf to help with my cycling

However when I unloaded the sumps I noticed that there was an easy 5 gallons of media in one of the sumps, it had been out of water for a few days but was still damp.

I mixed up 10 gallons of water with 2 lbs of sea salt and poured in the 3compartment sump. Tomorrow I'll run a pump in one end compartment with a return in the 3rd compartment and flow water across the media.

Am I headed a good direction to keep this media alive or am wasting time?

Very good links and I am an avid reader. However I've got bacteria that are diminishing as we speak so I came to this forum for the short version.

That said, I've done everything I could to save this media. I've filled the sump with the proper salt water, I've cycled the media using an extra Fluval 405 I had, I added and airstone and I've made an initial ammonia chloride feeding (I'll keep on feeding daily).

If this mediai stays alive, I'll immediately set up a large container to start cycling my rock using this media as a base.

Back
Top Bottom