Drip Acclimation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
Man I feel like a total noobi asking this question because I have kept fish tanks for 15 years, but never any corals.

How do you drip acclimate corals and fish?

I always floated fish and gradually added tank water to the bag. Never lost a fish from shock.

How do you do this with corals?

Thanks,

Billy

it is best to acclimate the coral the same way. Float the bag for 15 minutes to equalize the temp of the water in the bag then drip acclimate the coral for good 2 plus hours. You should use a container that can hold the coral and all of the water that came from the fish store plus have enough room to drip the same amount of water from your tank into the container. You really do the same acclimation as you would with your fish. Of course certain fish and coral are more hardy then others so you can get away with less acclimation time. I think as long as you drip the same amount of water from your tank to match the amount of water that came with the coral you should be fine. Peoople do all different kinds of acclimation methods but I think the slow drip is the best method IMO.

Cool product Ray, thanks for the link :D

These first & second articles on advancedaquarist.com regarding acclimation is also a great read.

Back
Top Bottom