freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a few photos of my tank. It's taken a whoooole lot of careful trial and error to get a group of male fish that all get along, but I think it was worth it =D

Oh and sorry about the quality, they're iPhone photos.

Attachments

• image-1322572453.jpg
    image-1322572453.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2294670892.jpg
    image-2294670892.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 105
Here's a few photos of my tank. It's taken a whoooole lot of careful trial and error to get a group of male fish that all get along, but I think it was worth it =D

Oh and sorry about the quality, they're iPhone photos.

nice set up. speaking of cichlids i just noticed i had no bubbles in mine... thank god we have been working on this sw tank and had a spare... of like sw i dont really need one there?

Thanks so much! One day I'll concentrate on the 125g cichlid tank, there are so many really neat fish in there. And they are all just coloring up so its like a rainbow in there.

totally unrelated to carey's amazing tanks and stainless steel refrigerator, here is my photobucket of my cichlid tank. its not a lot to look at but theres a lot to look at.

Tank looks great! very relaxing to look at. Its also scaped alot better than mine. lol Is that blue fish an empress? I have 3 males and one female empress.

Tank looks great! very relaxing to look at. Its also scaped alot better than mine. lol Is that blue fish an empress? I have 3 males and one female empress.

no, the blue fish is a blue ahli. but i have several empressi empresses?

i believe 2-3 males. hoping they get freaky with the females. i also have an electra couple that really dont care about eachother but the male is a new addition.

That's a nice electric blue! Kinda makes me miss mine.. He was the sole victim of a tank-wide ick infection (it actually wasn't the ick that got him, it was a secondary fungal infection).

Oh and sorry for derailing your thread so much with my avatar lol!

Attachments

• image-1495869178.jpg
    image-1495869178.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 72
When I was doing mbuna I had red zebras mate. It was a nightmare, he woudlnt leave her alone. lol Ended up with 24 babies too. That was when we went all males and got rid of the mbunas. hehe

That's a nice electric blue! Kinda makes me miss mine.. He was the sole victim of a tank-wide ick infection (it actually wasn't the ick that got him, it was a secondary fungal infection).

Oh and sorry for derailing your thread so much with my avatar lol!

its not a derailment. just a brake from sw. all good by me.

thats a beautiful fish. there is one like it at the lfs. i want him bad. but we are trying to get more red in the tank.

i have a ob that is holding right now and its her second time. the mr. is a bicolor blue. in our little 25? gallon tank is her first 30 ish baby brood. i really dont know what we are going to do with them. sweety pie has some friends that have mentioned getting fish tanks. here's hoping.

we may have to loose a fish back to the store. we cant keep having hybrids, few people want them and he wont leave her alone like you said carey.

coffeetwitch said:
but we are trying to get more red in the tank..

Man do I feel you on that. It could be really tough. I know there's some red Mbuna, but as far as haps and peacocks, it's really tough to find any. Most of what they call "red" is actually orange lol.

Case in point: the Ruby Red Peacock. I LOVE mine. But I don't think he's all that red, and I've never seen one that's truly red. And since everyone loves pictures, here you go lol

Attachments

• image-2317452643.jpg
    image-2317452643.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 97
T5 is the diameter of the bulb - from my understanding you can actually have a PC-T5 :)

coffeetwitch said:
which light is better between pc or t5ho?

T5ho is more efficient, you can put individual reflectors, and you can cram more bulbs in the same space as pc. I would go with t5ho for corals, but pc is good for fowlr.

Back
Top Bottom