freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find my hang on remora to be comparbale to my insump eshopps. They both pull a massive amount of skimmate. My hang on is much easier to adjust though lol

It's very confusing. :-( But I got alot cleared up this morning. On the lookout for a stand now. Then I can get a better feel for the setup of the plumbing. :)

i hope you find one. i would like to see how the rest of it goes. amazing you got all of that for almost the cost of a magdrive.

I'm still in shock. LOL Was my little miracle so I'm figuring I should keep it. Plus I just need some small things and I'll be set. :)

carey said:
I find my hang on remora to be comparbale to my insump eshopps. They both pull a massive amount of skimmate. My hang on is much easier to adjust though lol

What would i need for a 45? Maybe that's what I need to look at for the up coming bulk buy. :)

Theres so many things you'll need, what do you have already?

Depending on the prices you can get quite a bit of gear. Powerheads, test kits, heaters, carbon, GFO, lights, skimmers etc etc

im trying to look for a hob skimmer that is rated for 2x the system volume of my tank and sump. does that sound right carey?

That sounds right. Always go bigger if you can on the skimmer. JKust make sure it will fit on your tank! I'm eying some of the hob skimmers too but their selection is mostly in sump models. :-(

yep and external skimmers are almost an extra 100-200 bucks more than their in sump counter parts... thats just crazy to me.

carey said:
Theres so many things you'll need, what do you have already?

Depending on the prices you can get quite a bit of gear. Powerheads, test kits, heaters, carbon, GFO, lights, skimmers etc etc

I mean skimmer. I want to add lights but that isn't in the cards right now. Since I have a canister filter I was thinking a HOB Skimmer might not be a bad idea.

coffeetwitch said:
yep and external skimmers are almost an extra 100-200 bucks more than their in sump counter parts... thats just crazy to me.

Say what???? Guess my fish will just have to make due until I upgrade my tank.

Back
Top Bottom