freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carey, check walmarts bathroom/cleaning section, should find a stainless steel, extendable scrubbed wand for about 5 bucks. I use one on my tank and it does wonders, also reaches bottom without getting your hands wet:)

thats what I got , fist or baseball sizes in there. Busted up a new piece of base rock and threw some of my live rock rubble I had in the cube into mine. i also added a thing of reef pods whenI first started it, not like I needed to. It's scary how many I have and they all seem so big and gross at nite. lol

I'm gonna go have a looksie and see what going on in there. make sure my seahare isnt in danger though I think he knows better by now.

huma-huma said:
Carey, check walmarts bathroom/cleaning section, should find a stainless steel, extendable scrubbed wand for about 5 bucks. I use one on my tank and it does wonders, also reaches bottom without getting your hands wet:)

U have pics? I could use one too!!!

coffeetwitch said:
i did and man its bright. thanks for your input too unicorn. hows your tank cycling? get some bulbs yet?

Well, got the light bulbs but no fixture LOL
The 2 fixtures are back in their boxes waiting for pick up. I think UPS tried to get em today but I wasn't there
Too bad, i would have sold em for cheap

coffeetwitch said:
so rubble with maybe fist size rock? because i would like pod growth too.

I got DSB, lots of rubble and macro algae in my sump and the pods are growing like crazy!!! Never had to buy pods separately

Attachments

• image-1921097219.jpg
    image-1921097219.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image-273409253.jpg
    image-273409253.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 77
maybe unpack one, throw the bulbs in and just see what your working with then take the bulbs out and repack the fixture. dont know if you saw my pictures or if a person could even tell the difference. but mr_x gave me a light combo that worked really well for our tank.

320488_199244690143353_100001734711521_505820_820523570_n.jpg

28" long extended, 21" shortened:)

coffeetwitch said:
maybe unpack one, throw the bulbs in and just see what your working with then take the bulbs out and repack the fixture. dont know if you saw my pictures or if a person could even tell the difference. but mr_x gave me a light combo that worked really well for our tank.

I saw that and I liked it very much :)
Was thinking about unpacking one, but I have major headaches for the last 3 days and don't wanna lift anything or else it'll get worse (left work early tonight too) :(

As for the refugium: I got 3 different algae in there (scroll, graciella an cheato) will also buy ulva so I can grow it for the tang.
The refugium is one part of the 55g sump. Thing it's like 24 inches long, almost half of my sump

coffeetwitch said:
ive also read that i can run my fuge light opposite my tank light. tank light on fuge light off. and vicy vercy

Yes, have refugium light on when DT lights are off. This way ur pH stays stable.

Huma, I can't see ur pic :(

im really sorry to hear about your head ache. sweety pie gets migraines.

dont know where im going with that other sorry to hear that.

coffeetwitch said:
im really sorry to hear about your head ache. sweety pie gets migraines.

dont know where im going with that other sorry to hear that.

Yeah, I get migraines too: they are the worse!!! Can't even go to the bathroom with migraines have to crawl LOL
women are more prone to them, goes it's due to our hormone cycle...
At least with this headache I can still read

Sorry, this is like so off topic (again)

topic? what topic? lol speaking of cycles has your tank fully cycled?:ROFLMAO:

seriously that sucks. im a noisy person by nature and silence is one of the few things that helps sweety pie out. silence is imposable for me. i make noise just sitting still holding my breath doing nothing.

coffeetwitch said:
topic? what topic? lol speaking of cycles has your tank fully cycled?:ROFLMAO:

seriously that sucks. im a noisy person by nature and silence is one of the few things that helps sweety pie out. silence is imposable for me. i make noise just sitting still holding my breath doing nothing.

No, stupid nitrites are still there :( hate them by now. But my amo is going down fast, so I'm partially happy

There is no silence in our house either. It's either the dogs, my bf, or the stupid phone. Also the neighbors kids don't know how to keep it down.

Also terrible with migraines is light.
In general anything that stimulates your senses... Even smells.

lol its a wonder she lets me stay in the house when she has a migraine then.

maybe a big water change could help. or if your could spare a chunk of lr from your 30? or have you already done that?

idk why im offering any advice, im still wayyyyy to new at all of this to know what im talking about.

coffeetwitch said:
lol its a wonder she lets me stay in the house when she has a migraine then.

maybe a big water change could help. or if your could spare a chunk of lr from your 30? or have you already done that?

idk why im offering any advice, im still wayyyyy to new at all of this to know what im talking about.

Well, it's still nice to not be alone in the house. My bf tries to help as much as he can (Which isn't much but better than nothing)

And yes, do have LR from my 30g in there AND from my LFS. guess it's just part of the waiting game. I just keep on telling myself that the longer it takes the better it will be LOL

The whole point of fishless cycling is that all the stats can go wild without killing anything. I wouldn't do a water change, just let it go it's course

Back
Top Bottom