freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think i should build 2 more, 1.25 and 1.5 and see how they do. if i had the extra cash i would like to see just how much standard 90*'s would take away from the flow of the 2"

Don't feel bad, I am having to rethink how I will hang my DIY 4' 6 Lamp T5HO fixture now that I have it completed. Had it all planned out until i lifted one end by the steel cable and realized, toggle bolts are not going to hold this monster. LOL I will post some pics when it is up and running.

So far about $30 but I haven't bought the lamps yet. LOL I used a fixture that was damaged in shipment. It is designed for warehouses and to hung about 30' off the floor. I modified it to make it narrower (now about 18" wide) and then build a nice shroud around it out of MDF.

I had a lot of leftover scraps stacked up in the garage from some of my woodworking project. My first was a desk/entertainment center. Thank a island for my kitchen, then an Adirondack chair and matching table..... LOL I love to spend my weekends in the garage. Here are a couple of pics.

nice work!

have you seen my motorcycle? i did all that. its rough when you get close to it but looks pretty cool from a distance.
i dont have any wood working tools. ive often though about getting some. i could build some half *** ed stuff for the fish then.

kio, you where not too far away from the flow of the bathtub. makes me wonder how you knew that.

i did a 30 count and let the faucet flow into a bucket then weighed it. bathtub was 36lbs after a loose 30 second count. the sink was 17 lbs after another loose 30second count. 13.5 gallons a minute=810gph. could this 2" overflow do more? idk, i suppose i can break out a garden hose and bring it in from the outside faucet.

Last edited:
No I haven't seen your bike would would love to. I have always wanted to restore a 69 Z28. That was my dream car when I was in High School. LOL After finding out my wife was expecting our third child 14 years ago, I decided I needed to build a couple rooms in our basement. While doing that, I found I loved it. From there I did tons of home improvement project. About 5 years ago, I decided to try furniture. I always start by drawing up my own plans in AutoCAD then try to build it. Then I look at how close I came to plans I could have gotten on line. LOL

so now more questions. again.

run the two overflows? one for just the fuge and one just for the skimmer?
or
only run the big one i just got done testing and run some t's?
if i do this one, should i "t" off the return or "y" off the overflow's line to get the water to each of the compartments?

Back
Top Bottom