freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok so i got back from the store and now im building a box for my return pump to sit in. i picked up some two part epoxy made buy loctight. it spirals through and mixes in the nozzle. then once that sets up im going to silicone it in place.

it still would have been nice to see someone post dimentions with very specific conditions. data not breif mention with loose estimates.

then again im used to seeing spec sheets for hydrolic pumps or electrical modules at work, so maybe i got spoiled and wanted the same for personal use... hahahaha

It looks like you're being really diligent in your process of building this, maybe once you've finished you could make a nice little write up with pictures and such, detailing your project, maybe even including whatever specs and measurements you've recorded.

That way someone else might benefit from all this knowledge you've gained through your experience :)

Or if that sounds like too much work then they could probably just figure it out like you did lol.

lol yeah im lazy thats why i really wanted to find a write up on it.

i dont know how much of a read it would be. ive noticed that i kind of read like stereo instuctions. but i will do my best.

i was cutting the baffle loose that was supposed to be my refugium section. it shattered to pieces when i put a little determination to move it to it. so now im committed to the box ive built. eh not really a box. but you get what i mean.

new box for return pump
img_1574263_0_c0551fa855dae79a3dcd5582646a7d6a.jpg

shattered
img_1574263_1_23eae16f9702be4804e89aacd0a5502c.jpg

img_1574263_2_e5951596d1a7476992bd109dcd768f54.jpg

img_1574263_3_5e1e2062f486010206a74db33fb6e4e4.jpg

Oh man, what is it with u and glass breaking all the time?! So sorry, must be so frustrating :( it's 5 somewhere, have a beer and start over ;D

Oh man, what is it with u and glass breaking all the time?! So sorry, must be so frustrating :( it's 5 somewhere, have a beer and start over ;D

hahaha im not too concerned with the broken glass this time. the first picture is a glass "box" that im going to replace it with. at this point its just a mess to clean up.
good news is im gaining refugium area.

coffeetwitch said:
hahaha im not too concerned with the broken glass this time. the first picture is a glass "box" that im going to replace it with. at this point its just a mess to clean up.

One broken chamber at a time... Lol...

coffeetwitch said:

So no beer then?! :(

Hey twitch. I finished my DIY fixture. You can check it out in the DIY section under Rich's DIY T5HO 6 Lamp if you like. Not as nice as I would have liked but for $30.00 before lamps I am not going to complain.

rdnelson99 said:
Hey twitch. I finished my DIY fixture. You can check it out in the DIY section under Rich's DIY T5HO 6 Lamp if you like. Not as nice as I would have liked but for $30.00 before lamps I am not going to complain.

You still trying to convince yourself everything is for your wife's birthday.LOL
I always tried the"My hobby is cheaper than if I played golf",but my wife didn't buy that.

LOL Rick. I am still getting away with it. Matter of fact, the other night while walking past me she said "I would like to have a small tank in the bedroom." hehehehehehe And so it begins. LOL

rdnelson99 said:
LOL Rick. I am still getting away with it. Matter of fact, the other night while walking past me she said "I would like to have a small tank in the bedroom." hehehehehehe And so it begins. LOL

All I can say is,go for it for it works,you are a lucky man.LOL

Sweet. The one I mentioned that had the two $7,000.00 clowns in it was about a gallon. Cool looking tank.

rdnelson99 said:
Sweet. The one I mentioned that had the two $7,000.00 clowns in it was about a gallon. Cool looking tank.

Thanks,the one video with the clown and fire fish is the old one.Only had them in there a few days,keeping for a friend.The video with the neon goby is the current one,have three sexy shrimp,and golden coral banded shrimp plus the neon goby.Only do a fifty percent water change every two weeks on it.

Ill bet its that sw betta looking fish... From australia and extremely rare... The gallon aized tank tips me to think that way.

Just wish i could remember the name

N/M you mentioned they were clowns...

Back
Top Bottom