freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look into getting a Turbinara peltata. I aquired a 4" blue colony for $30 today and it is by and far my favorite, in spite of it being amongst the cheapest. The scrolling morphs do better under halides, whereas the flatter ones prefer less intense lighting so do okay under shelves or what have you.

I'm in love with it is all...a true beauty and looks amazing in the current.

coffeetwitch said:
hahaha thanks.... it will either work or i will waste a lot of money and have a lot of dead animals. hope that doesnt happen...

whats an easy coral to keep. just to start us off with?

also
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/tdwright1971-20979.html

tdwright1971, if your still reading, how is that sc150 skimmer working? still good reviews from you? you mentioned in the pm's we have had that you where running 2 skimmers one wet one dry, which one are you running the sc150 as? im about to make an offer and would love one last update on it before i do

Sorry for the late post, I still love this skimmer, I am running it somewhat dry, actually what seems to be happening is this one pulls out a lot of gunk and the other one is hardly doing anything really, just good to have a backup.

cool thank you sir. ive done 2 best offers on it. last one being $90 and that was turned down. my next offer will be 100 but that has to wait until friday.

coffeetwitch said:
cool thank you sir. ive done 2 best offers on it. last one being $90 and that was turned down. my next offer will be 100 but that has to wait until friday.

Bummer, actually I was not expecting to get mine for what I got it for. The one he has now is new and diffrent than the one I got. And he has went up on price... still a good deal imo. And if you were to buy the same other(name brand) one would be twice as much. Every day when I go to empty my cup I marvel that this thing is pulling out a better and more skimmate than my 500 dollar deltec... on the other hand those reef octos look really nice...

the octopus does look good. this thing is basically the same as a bubble magus nac7. but dollar for dollar why not try this one? the reef octopus can wait until later. in the mean time i really need to get the sump up and running. saving the extra $100 on a great skimmer can buy the return pump or the overflow box. thats how my money is going to be spent.

i still need to get lights to grow corals. every penny counts for me in this build. im glad you found this thing and can report how well its doing for you. i do like the looks of it and its comparability with other skimmers.

Y not buy a CPR overflow? That's the one I got... Love it. Get it from aquacave and with the deluxe model u get the air suction thing... Lol... It's worth it.

yes sir thats the one im looking at. probably the cs100. 800gph box and then im pairing that with a danner mag drive supreme 9.5 pump.

coffeetwitch said:
yes sir thats the one im looking at. probably the cs100. 800gph box and then im pairing that with a danner mag drive supreme 9.5 pump.

That should do the trick...

Im kinda lost, what skimmed are we talking about? I need to upgrade mine in the near future. I have a Current skimmed and I hate it

almost identical to the bubble magus nac7 rated for 150g aquarium. cone skimmer. heavy acrylic and same design and pump as the bubble magus.

I haven't put in my sump yet or started my skimmer... Going to do it Wednesday after my heater comes in.

i would also like to reiterate that i made my sump to be able to fit several different brands of skimmers for down the road.

Back
Top Bottom