freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
enough! i dont know what they are all called but the smallest of them had the biggest population. they are slowly digging themselves into the sand and dispursing. the turbo snails? are fast!!! a hand full of big guys about the size of a quarter if you sphere it. and a mixed size of hermets. some with purple legs some not. i think some of them are fighting for bigger shells. i saw to hermits dead in the bag but there are so many of them that 2 is nothing.

they also came shipped well and with a little bag of shells that i thought was cool. all different sizes for them as they out grow what they are waring now.

and slow!!!! i dumped them all near the front of the aquarium so i could see which ones didnt make it in transport. some hit the ground running. most are like you said probably stressed out. just staying in the spot where they hit the sand.

in the instructions they emailed they did say some will appear doa but give them up to a week? to call them dead

oh and just a recap... i purchased the 40g breeder with hermits package Tuesday or Wednesday. and they showed up friday of the same week. at the normal US postal service time

I'm sure they will be fine. I would be surprised if they ALL would have made it. It's a big thing to travel so far when u are tiny like they are
I love hermits, they are so much fun to watch! But don't forget to add the empty shells or else they will be pulling each other out ;)
I have one that wears the shell of a snail that he killed. I call him mister weirdo bc it's so weird to look at a snail move and than realize it's something else

i put the empty shells in the back of the aquarium. and i think i do have a naked hermit from being pulled out right after i put them in the tank.

with caution. what ever that means. ask liveaquaria. there are alot of things that say with caution. what does that really mean?

Tracie6283 said:
Looks like an infestation!!!

Eeewwwwww, call pest controll! Looks like flies ;)

"With caution" means some may nibble on corals and some may not. U got a 50/50 chance ;)

huma-huma said:
"With caution" should be truly labeled " he$% if we know"

Hahahaha
How about: "he could be vegetarian but he may also eat every f*&@*# thing in your tank"

It sometimes is kind of annoying though. One page tells you they r "safe", they other one yelled u "with caution", and LFS says "FOWLR only". It's hit or miss in some cases

Lol and as if it weren't confusing enough already, they first tell you that a fish like the longnose hawkfish is reef compatible "with caution," but then in the description it says: "... it makes an excellent reef inhabitant under the proper conditions."

Patterson333 said:
Lol and as if it weren't confusing enough already, they first tell you that a fish like the longnose hawkfish is reef compatible "with caution," but then in the description it says: "... it makes an excellent reef inhabitant under the proper conditions."

Which would be? Non-tasty corals because the hawkfish only likes em with a hint of lemon and pepper garnished with parsley?!??

and lol to the rest of you guys.

so long and short like was said, we will find out how reefsafe he ends up being.

i read where on guy had to take back his flame angel because it love the brain corrals he had.

Back
Top Bottom