More filtration..maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Texasreef

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I recently received some extra stuff a friend had laying around that he doesn't use. One item is (I think) an emperor hob filter. It has the spray bars one of the caps on the side was broken so I was thinking about using some rock putty to seal it. It has the big grey parts that hold the bio stone things in them but lacks the bio wheels. I was thinking of adding bio balls to fill up any other space. I currently have a canister filter (it's a big one, don't recall the # off the top of my head) the CPR backpack skimmer with bio balls in its extra chamber, a penguin hob with bio wheels and its full of those bio stone things that come with the canister filter. About 60 lbs of live rock in the tank, about 40 lbs of live sand. I'm not having an issue co trolling ammonia or anything, jus thought more is better.... Thoughts? Thanks in advance oh and you probably need to know tank size etc right.. So it's a 90 reef with 2 clowns 1 yellow tang 1 powder blue 1 Hawaiian tang 1 flame angel assorted clean up and a cleaner shrimp. No tang police please, they get along fine and are all small right now, they will be rehoused to a larger tank my friend has once they outgrow mine. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom