my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not just start with the 125 and do the reseal? What have you got to lose? If it works the first time, you are done. If not, you just do it over. I would go straight to the 125. But thats just me.

No Jesse I have not got the old cut out. And spoon you have a good point, im gonna just attempt the 125 and see what happens

I can already tell getting he trim off in one piece is gonna be a b*-ch! Its pretty heavy duty... Ohh and to all the regulars, mr david aka Kio attempted to transfer to his new to him 125 today only to fall upon the same problem as me....a leaking bottom frame

Just a thought, but what do used 125g go for in your neck of the woods? I know around me a tank only is about $100 or less. lol Guess I'm just trying to find a cheap option for you, I know I couldnt reseal a tank, LOL

Good luck to both you guys, I really feel for you two. Your bad luck has made me start to worry about my tank. I feel like it's a ticking time bomb just waiting to leak. :-(

I honestly don't know what a 125 tank only goes for around here.. only thing I find repeatedly on craigslist is whole setups...never found a tank by itself yet. And the bottom trim Jesse. I tried using a razorbkade to cut out the trim but its having none of it

I guess I'm missing why you need to cut the bottom trim off and not just the seals on the inside of the tank. Sorry long week for me, I may be miss firing on a cylinder or two.

Being that the water came up out of the trim I figured it would be a safeguard to cut it off and reseal it as well... guess its not 100% necessary but safety first. Think I should attempt resealing inside first?

Back
Top Bottom