New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kio707 said:
Lol... Yeah, always does... But I want a bigger one... I want to get those last 3 chromis and I'm done... Oh, a clam too...

Chromis are very cool fish! Good decision! Are you going to get a blue clam?

redsea said:
Chromis are very cool fish! Good decision! Are you going to get a blue clam?

Not sure... Any suggestions? My tank is still a lil young.

Where are ayour calcium and magnesium levels at? They all kinda go together. You can buffer the alk if the others are ok but if not then youll have to dose 2 part.

Mag is 1150, cal 450, ammonia 0, trites 0, trates 10, alk 2.0, ph 8.2.... I got an alk buffer... I know it needs to be up to 4-5, right?

Idk if it's ick or he's stressed himself to lose it's slime coat. He doesn't look like any of the ick pics I looked up... Idk... Never ordering from aquacon again...

Got home and the tang was dead.... Had color, no white spots, prams are good. Did a 20g pwc last night.... Idk... Also found the orange spotted goby dead... What am
I doing wrong?!?!

Kio707 said:
Got home and the tang was dead.... Had color, no white spots, prams are good. Did a 20g pwc last night.... Idk... Also found the orange spotted goby dead... What am
I doing wrong?!?!

It happens kio. You where doing what you needed to do! It was just these two fish. If everyone else is ok it was for sure the fish. Sorry for the loss.

Bummer deal, +1 it happens, I had some similar mystery stuff happening. Hope you can find out what is happening.

Like twitch said, if everyone else seems alright, might have been the fish. I'm not adding any more fish for a total of 4 weeks, I'm 2 weeks in now, just to be sure that I have no more die-off.

Back
Top Bottom