New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I left my tank alone for some 2 months after my fish wipeout. I knew it wasnt ich or velvet but I still figured it had to be SOMETHING so I left the 4 survivors in the tank and to date have not had any issues. I just started re adding fish, very slowly I might add, tot he tank. I've added 2 new fish since then and also moved a pair of oscellaris over to it in the time since the deaths happened. I also qt each fish for 2 weeks now, so I can rule out ich and velvet and other parasites. It might not be a full month but it's been working for me so far.

You guys do alot of water changes, is it possible there is something in you ro/di unit or filters? Or if you buy your water maybe try a different water source? Just taking into account everything that could be the source.

I have the same RO/di u recommended. I tested water, even copper tested it, was clean. PH 8.3, mag 1350, cal 450. (after adding salt)... Just beating myself up over it...

carey said:
LOL KIO, youre the second person to tell me! I luckily got mine for $15 from aquacon and he's so far been perfect.

Thanks though! Arent they adorable? I was thinking on getting multiples but not sure if they get along and LA doesnt mention it. hehe

They have them pictured with 3 together in different barnacle holes...

Iknow, thats what gave me the idea. lol But you also see blue tangs in 30g tanks too online for show so I will go to my livestock book and see if I can't find the barnacle blenny in there. maybe get more information. I have the barnacles already so it would look neat to have a couple heads poking out. lol

carey said:
LOL KIO, youre the second person to tell me! I luckily got mine for $15 from aquacon and he's so far been perfect.

Thanks though! Arent they adorable? I was thinking on getting multiples but not sure if they get along and LA doesnt mention it. hehe

Carey look up Barnacle Blennies on you tube,I was told you can have multiple barnacle Blennies

small victories are good! im glad your favs are still there for you... bare is good. gives a person time to think instead of go go go....

coffeetwitch said:
small victories are good! im glad your favs are still there for you... bare is good. gives a person time to think instead of go go go....

Favorites died...

coffeetwitch said:
ah man im sorry, thats awful. im really sorry.

Thanks... Just hard not to replace them... But I gotta wait and see what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom