Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #801
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Molting is good. mean the elements that the shrimp need are present. I believe its idodine for molting so your salt mix contains enough of that.

Good example why you don't need to dose that particular chemical, alot of people just dose it just in case.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #802
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I bought the titanium heater huma recommended. IDK, but I think my fish may have ich... I can't see why else they died. Of course I don't see any of the signs of ich... No heavy breathing, white spots, and they are eating. Idk, spraying the board with random shots and hoping for the best. No more deaths, but trying to prevent any others too. The stuff I bought is reef safe, so if I can't catch the guys, I'll treat in the DT.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #803
Aquarium Advice Addict

Getting the platinum clown today..... I'll let ya'll know how it goes. I gotta chose one of my other clowns and take it down to the LFS... Gonna be a hard choice.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #804
Aquarium Advice Addict

Those platinums look interesting. I may consider one for my 40g
Old 09-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #805
Aquarium Advice Addict

Confirmed ich. What's up with that?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #806
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch View Post
Confirmed ich. What's up with that?
Nothing confirmed.... Just a shot in the dark... I don't see any heavy breathing or white spots.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #807
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am a bit confused. Thought you had a broken heater that was introducing stray voltage into the system which was killing the fish. Why do you now think you have ich? If in fact you have ich, is it a good idea to add another fish? Sure wouldn't want to see you lose another one.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #808
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
I am a bit confused. Thought you had a broken heater that was introducing stray voltage into the system which was killing the fish. Why do you now think you have ich? If in fact you have ich, is it a good idea to add another fish? Sure wouldn't want to see you lose another one.
Like I said, not sure what it was. I'm just treating to cover all basis... I have a qt tank for the new guy.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #809
Aquarium Advice Addict

Came home and found a pajama cardinal gone. Investigated it. No white dots, gills looked clean... This is crazy... Other pajama is swimming around fine... Thought the foxface was a goner, but he was just eating the algae... Lol.... I am have no luck... All the inverts are good, nem is moving because I changed the flow, but he's still good... Even my corals are flourishing... Patience I guess... Need to slow down a bit...
Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #810
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707 View Post
Came home and found a pajama cardinal gone. Investigated it. No white dots, gills looked clean... This is crazy... Other pajama is swimming around fine... Thought the foxface was a goner, but he was just eating the algae... Lol.... I am have no luck... All the inverts are good, nem is moving because I changed the flow, but he's still good... Even my corals are flourishing... Patience I guess... Need to slow down a bit...
Man, I feel for you. I think you are right about the patience. Hate to see you going through all this.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com